New "cloaking"

.trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
<div class="IPBDescription">bacterial disintegration more precisely</div>I hope it hadnt been suggested before:

Instead of just being invisible why not grant the aliens the ability to dissolve into the DI?
The ability would also use the blue bar provided by SC/Cloaking so theres no need for an extra button to use it (or even make it a unique 2nd hive ability for a class?).
Imagine a skulk slowing down to let the bar fully charge then disintegrate into the dynamic infestation (yes, the hitbox also). While the "cloaking" lasts, the FOV would change to a fish-eye effect with limited length of view: picture a grainy black-and-white image of the room, and only silhouettes of marines those are within few feets (players further wouldnt be visible).
As Ive said, the hitbox disappears and is replaced by a smaller one (the size of a head of a skulk?) with around 20-30 HP. Regarding the speed, it should be ****ing fast with the ability to wallwalk! While moving there wouldnt be any sound nor visible aid as to where the alien is. But after researching motion tracking the indicator would be constantly showing the dissolved alien's location.

The benefit is that it would be visually awesome not to mention the new tactics it can provide.
Opinion? =]

Comments

• SvenpaSvenpa Wait, what? Join Date: 2004-01-03 Member: 25012Members, Constellation
    Not to bash on your particular idea but we (I&S lurkers) seem to assume too much from the DI and its use. None is sure if it will be creeping all over the place and cover the majority of alien infested areas (I image massive CPU usage for such task) or if it will gradually infest a area before moving on to the next. Many ideas based on DI may already have been shot down, even before they left the ground.

I should note though, I haven't been following the dev talk much.
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    I agree with Svenpa. I've tried getting across the idea that DI isn't analogous to a territory system, since DI <b>isn't</b> going to 'blanket' an area.

refer to: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/news/2007/02/environment_concepts" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/news/2007...onment_concepts</a>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Flayra+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Flayra)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->After seeing these images, it's pretty clear to us that we don't want our levels to be TOO infested. That's probably the biggest thing we've learned. Too much infestation is probably going to sicken and disorient players - or if nothing else, detract too much from the work that we spending making the environments beautiful to begin with!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • DeadmanDieingDeadmanDieing Join Date: 2004-02-23 Member: 26811Members, Constellation
    I think what DI is going to do is make it so places aren't as human. As of any sort of in game thing. You have to ask the devs. I personally think it should stop the medpaks from being placed so if you enter a hive you aren't going to get that much support from the comm. So 1 or 2 people can't hive camp as well as they can right now.

They could give the models a sort of DI color to them so its like a camouflage.
  • CreakerCreaker Join Date: 2007-09-22 Member: 62404Members
    IMHO its a too great advantage, to run "****ing fast with the ability to wallwalk!", because most marines will fail to shoot at a motion tracking circle, which is as double fast as a skulk and in addition to that it has a hitbox as big as a skulk's head?!
    I also think it would totaly change NS-style.