Ns and vista on a friends lappy.

Bfb_32aBfb_32a Join Date: 2004-03-23 Member: 27508Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Vista sucks.</div>So I'm trying to get NS to run on this vista-beast of a pc. For some reason the game lags horrendously as if the ping was +400 or so, however the ping that is registered in game rarely spikes past 80, and rests at 50 typically. The computer is not slow, it runs Hl2 source games with less game-lag than Ns. It seems to me that it's not the latency but something in the game that some figment of vista is ######ting the bed over. Does anyone have a similar problem, and better yet an idea what this nonsense is caused by?
Thanks,
-Granola

Comments

• ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    we need actual information

net_graph 3

system specs

etc etc etc
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=1666141:date=Jan 3 2008, 05:27 AM:name=Thansal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thansal @ Jan 3 2008, 05:27 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1666141"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->we need actual information

net_graph 3

system specs

etc etc etc<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Small chance it could be <a href="http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502112" target="_blank">this problem</a>.
  • corpsmancorpsman Join Date: 2004-04-17 Member: 27979Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Am I the only person that uses XP still? I play Crysis with full graphics at 1280 no problems on my "old system." Why did everyone kick themselves, I don't understand.
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    ok, you don't like vista.

Congratulations, now piss off.

3 threads I have seen you respond with nothing more constructive then:
    OLO U DUMB FUR USN VI$$$T4!!!!! NUBTARD!!!!

Oh, and compy is correct, it might be that, however the normal symptoms for that problem is a significant delay between input and reaction (so you click and get a long delay before you fire, etc).