Why is it that whenever someone tries to access wifi inside my house...

HazeHaze O RLY? Join Date: 2003-07-07 Member: 18018Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">...that they knock everyone off the internet?</div>Since I'm a total not-smart-towards-computers person, I'll try and explain this best I can.

My brother uses a macbook that has wireless access to the internet from, I don't know, just grabbing it out of the air. I'm hard wired into the cable itself. Why is it that whenever he tries to get online, everyone gets booted off and nothing works?

Comments

• ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    I'd assume using MAC address would stop that?
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    Unless he's grabbing it from the router you're hard wired into, it shouldn't make any difference at all whether he pulls it from a neighbor or doesn't hook up to the Internet at all: someone's Wi-Fi connection can't screw with your hard wired connection unless there is some sort of link. Are you transmitting any wireless Internet?
  • HazeHaze O RLY? Join Date: 2003-07-07 Member: 18018Members, Constellation
    Found the issue, shouldn't have been so hasty to post - it was a mac problem.
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1665612:date=Dec 29 2007, 02:11 PM:name=Haze)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Haze @ Dec 29 2007, 02:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1665612"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Found the issue, shouldn't have been so hasty to post - it was a mac problem.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I win.