mech suit

2»

Comments

• CronoRayCronoRay Canada, British Columbia Join Date: 2005-04-13 Member: 48354Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The problem with having an Exo-Suite with changeable weapons is you can put any weapon on him effectively making him to power. For example if you have the Auto cannon on the right arm then any weapon on the left like a flamethrower you can successfully kill any alien right up to your armor with just the flamethrower alone so not only would it have good long range firepower but also great short range firepower to burn any alien near it nullifying any weakness it actually had. Well the Auto cannon in small corridors kills aliens from afar then they close in the flamethrower would finish them off, where as with the hmg only in place of the left arm it's not as effective up close and harder to hit with making the Exo-Suite easier to kill and give it a weakness of close quarters combat, my PES idea makes it so the suit needs support from normal armor marines to fight off close combat aliens while it takes out aliens from afar.
  • StixNStonzStixNStonz Join Date: 2006-11-06 Member: 58439Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Regardless of what people want to give this mech suit, it can always be balanced in many ways. Such as requiring two welders at the same time to actually weld him, or a special welder; it costs res to weld him; he shuts down if the proto is destroyed; he has a slow turning rate, slow reload; he could even be slowed 50% by Umbra (which actually could make sense).
  • CronoRayCronoRay Canada, British Columbia Join Date: 2005-04-13 Member: 48354Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    True that StixNStonz, and thats my point the Exo-Suit or as some people call it the mech idea is very possible and easily balanced, i mean anyone who says it cannot work in NS2 is just flat out wrong and has probably never played a game with Exo-Suit Armor and doesn't now that in most games those Exo-Suits are meant mainly for indoor combat at range or close quarters combat but with all ranged weaponry, StixNStonz balance points only strengthening my points that it wont hurt the game play balance if the Dev team actually adds something similar to my PES Armor or a Exo-Suit sorta like it with differn't balancing to it.

I personally would love to see a new Marine armor type in NS since the HA alone alot of the time just ain't enough to stop a very large onos rush which can simply devour a group of HA Marines especially when alot of the players on marines anymore tend to not listen to a commander which can put a dent in the commanders plans and eventually lead to the marines losing.

I think my PES Armor idea is a great and balanced idea and i have other things id like to add to it but id rather have that idea get some more attention to it first to see what people think of it. Overall though it would work in game for sure and would give the marines a fighting chance 1v1 against an onos which of late has being beefed up alot having a ton of HP and Armor points by default without any evolve upgrades making it increasingly hard to kill an onos even with HA - HMG combo.

One effective way of balancing my PES Armor idea is to reduce accuracy at higher then long range then at medium range being most effective being like a super heavy assault suit that has less range then a HA HMG but more powerfull, and the projectile speed of the HAC arm should be slower then most other guns so it's only effective against slow moving targets and structures.
    Since i am posting in this topic a good amount i thought id link you guys to my new idea topic which i think is a nice balanced feature that is limited but will greatly relieve some pressure and stress off the commander doing all the tasks he has too do at once, check it out. <a href="http://unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=103450" target="_blank">Marine Sub Commander</a>