Sensitivity increased when playing Aliens?

entikentik Join Date: 2005-01-06 Member: 33002Members
<div class="IPBDescription">I don't want this, is there any way to turn it off</div>Ok I recently wanted to play NS for old time sake so I downloaded it a fired her up. I played Marines for a game, then went Aliens. When I was playing Aliens, I noticed the sensitivity is increased significantly. I understand the reason for this because Aliens require fast movement, but for someone like me who needs consistent sensitivity in every game I play, I don't want it on. Someone in the server I was playing in told me that I can turn off the sensitivity boost for Aliens in the options, but I found no such option. I proceeded to mess with some cvars, but had no success.

If anyone knows a way to turn this sensitivity boost off, please let me know. I'd love to enjoy some good old NS, but I can't with this boost. May sound weird, but that's just how I am with mouse sensitivity.

Comments

• ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    I am not actually aware of a sensitivity boost for the aliens...

However, you can try this:
    Pull down the console and type in:
    bind x "sensitiviy 6"

replace x with any key and 6 with your desired sensitivity level. tap that key to reset your sensitivity level

I think that NS supports class specific .cfgs, however I am not familiar enough with them to tell you how it works.

A quick explanation of class specific binds would be this:

In your NS folder you have a config.cfg file and that hold all of your configs (binds and settings)

I think you could make a file called skulk.cfg and put in it commands for when you evolve to skulk. In your case you would just put in "sensitivity X". You would also make a file for each class (skulk, gorge, lerk, fade, onos).

Heck, Alien.cfg might even work, not sure.

Or, you can just make that quick little bind I said before.
  • UnderwhelmedUnderwhelmed DemoDetective #?&#33; Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58026Members, Constellation
    I believe the skulk's sensitivity is 7/6th of your normal, or something, due to the different field of view. This is built into the game, and as far as I know, the only way to compensate would be to turn your sensitivity down to 6/7 of what it normally is. Also, I don't think there are class specific cfgs, you'll just have to bind them and execute them manually.
  • ChimpZealotChimpZealot The Elite Demo Detective Join Date: 2002-11-30 Member: 10315Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    Go to options -> advanced and check the box labeled "force 90 degree fov". I'm pretty sure that's what was added to fix the problem. Here's civ's post which goes into a lot further detail about the bug: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=97248" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index....showtopic=97248</a>
  • entikentik Join Date: 2005-01-06 Member: 33002Members
    edited December 2007
    I've had Force 90 Degree FOV checked, but the sensitivity is still faster.

EDIT: Well I did what a_civilian said in that thread. I changed the default_fov to 130 and that made the alien sensitivity about right, but it messed with the Marine sensitivity as well. So I have to settle with 110. It's not right, but it's not as bad and does it without messing with the Marine or 90 degree fov class sensitivities.

I wish this wasn't necessary, but whatever.
  • ZiGGYZiGGY Join Date: 2003-01-19 Member: 12479Members
    could be mouse accel. ( try -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd ) in your launch options for your game in the steam games menu/options/blah