Spawn killing spree

invader Ziminvader Zim Join Date: 2007-09-20 Member: 62376Members
<div class="IPBDescription">i dont want to respawn</div>At the end of most games in ns1 there is a spawn killing spree, whether its the rines assaulting the hive or the aliens over running the marine start. either way u either spawn in to get shot or munched almost immedatly. this isnt really a big deal in ns1. But there are a lot of suggestions for player rankings on these forums. Would it be possible to have a stay dead button. when u get killed u hit this button, it doenst send you to the ready room or any neutral speaktators list, but just leaves u as dead and viewing on ur team, u could use this if you had to hop off for a min to do something in ur house, or if the end game spawn killing spree was happening and ud rather not die again.

I think this kind of system would work best if you could not use it in the first 5 mins of the game, to prevent it being used as an alternative F4 bail when it starts going pair shaped.

Comments

• RadixRadix Join Date: 2005-01-10 Member: 34654Members, Constellation
    First of all the skill gap in NS won't exist in NS2 in any form even resembling what you're noticing here, at least not for many years.

Second, a feature I refer to as "spawn delay" has been mentioned before, where you would skip your spawn and wait for the next one, where you would spawn with the rest of the group.

I believe this would be a good answer if and <b>only</b> if you could see what the other players in the spawn queue were doing (holding back on spawning, or not). That way the team could come to a mutual unspoken consensus "go now".

It would need to be tested though to see if it works. I however like the idea.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Last I heard player rankings are not on the devs their mind currently, also don't people tend to F4 if they are being spawnkilled at the end of a round? However you want something like in BF42 where you can close the spawn interface to stop spawning at a flag if you haven't selected a spawnpoint?
  • NEX9NEX9 Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44299Members
    yeah i think kharaa should have the option to spawn togther, rines get becon, kharaa perhaps should get this if say they have said key item or requirement, the unspoken res.

if there is a stats, which i sort of do and sort of dont hope happens, then yeah people are obiously going to care about a option like this, those will be the same people that will leave the momment they unlock every item, as they belvie they have achived a end to their goal, the harsh reality of this is most of your community will step on and over and chew each other out indoviualy competatively just to get their unlocks faster, and thats not the NS I want to play.
  • MisereMisere Join Date: 2004-03-28 Member: 27568Members
    I would like to see the infarty portal changed for marines. Currently the Aliens get to spawn at a varity of locations within the hive while the marines spawn spot is fixed over the IP. Instead when a IP is produced the commander gets to select 3-4 locations within a fixed radius around the IP to spawn marines (but not in walls or over pits/open space.) This would lessen the spawn camping problem. This could even be a cheap upgrade.

For both teams I would like to see a alteration to the entery method. When the player spawns they get a preview of where they are and a 2 second count down timer. This means that you can get your bearings before that player with the T4 connecttion nails you. Many times I spawn and down even get to move or see before I'm nailed.

With both teams I would like to see some sort of PING Weighting introduced. Best ping I get is around 80 but sometimes even up to 300 if the server is overseas (limited number of local servers). Now as a tournment option every player could get the same mean ping imposed upto a max of say 500. Of course this will be a very unpopular suggestion but please remember its not meant for pubs but clan matches between distancy based teams (e.g. US vs NZ). I certainly don't want to have a dial up player join and it turn into a lag fest either.
  • naggynaggy Join Date: 2005-03-22 Member: 46068Members
    edited November 2007
    Just make small rooms a bit bigger than skulks above/below/around the hive and make it so the skulks randomy spawn in one of the various chambers. You now have a spawnkill free zone.

Either that or introduce a new chamber/structure that acted like an appendage of the hive which spews out skulks so you could have spawn points in vents/hard to reach areas.. It would need some kind of range restriction, but I'm sure it would work.