Gods and Heroes canceled

DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18951Members
<div class="IPBDescription">even though it was almost done</div><a href="http://www.warcry.com/articles/view/breakingnews/2324-Breaking-News-Perpetual-Acquired-Gods-and-Heroes-Likely-Canceled" target="_blank">http://www.warcry.com/articles/view/breaki...Likely-Canceled</a>

I am/was in the beta and I thought the game was pretty good. No WoW killer of course, but in better shape than Vanguard, which was already released, and TR, which will soon be released...

I'm surprised they would cancel it when it's about done. where's the business sense in that? wouldn't it be better to just release it and have it be a relative flop but make SOME of the money back? some of the graphics were bland but the fact that every class was a pet class with multiple squad members was a cool concept and worked pretty well. And I think the game would have sold some copies just because it's a new setting without any damn dirty elves and orcs and such.

oh well.

Comments

• DrfuzzyDrfuzzy FEW... MORE.... INCHES... Join Date: 2003-09-21 Member: 21094Members
    wow thats weird, maybe they will release the source and stuff to a free dev team or something.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    If I was allowed to hemmorhage money like that, I'd bring Firefly back. At least that way we'd get something out of the expenditure.
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    It looked like a bad Roman game. I'm glad it's gone.
  • PerfectionsFlawPerfectionsFlaw Join Date: 2003-02-14 Member: 13555Members
    I had only heard about it like last month in EGM. Anyway, no it's cheaper to cut your losses than go forth and mass produce a game and maintain it's upkeep. Odd though, why was it canceled?
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18951Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1656687:date=Oct 18 2007, 06:36 PM:name=PerfectionsFlaw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PerfectionsFlaw @ Oct 18 2007, 06:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1656687"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I had only heard about it like last month in EGM. Anyway, no it's cheaper to cut your losses than go forth and mass produce a game and maintain it's upkeep. Odd though, why was it canceled?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    sounds like they wanted to put all their money toward a star trek MMO they're also working on. but really, GnH was almost done, they practically just had to burn a few CDs and ship em out... I'm sure they would know better than I would though =p
  • RedfordRedford Monorailcatfjord Join Date: 2002-04-28 Member: 528Members, NS1 Playtester
    Yeah, if Gods and Heroes is ever going to be picked up again, it's going to be after the star trek MMO is released. Due to the complexity of the game it is drastically behind schedule.
  • SurgeSurge asda4a3sklflkgh Join Date: 2002-07-14 Member: 944Members
    Probably good that it was canceled, there are enough awful MMOG's out there and another one would just cost the company more money.