What models/prefabs do you want to see in the NS2TR?

Comments

• RanemanRaneman Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69962Members
    I want some items themed around various sci-fi rooms.
    Obvious ones include the control center, the Board of Directors room with all the rich-space-businessman stuff, and the living quarters.
  • KodinKodin Join Date: 2010-11-23 Member: 75230Members
  • XaleXale Paris / France Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24767Members
    FUTURISTIC CARS

FUTURISTIC TRAINS

FUTURISTIC AIRPLAINES
  • slayer20slayer20 Killed a man once. Join Date: 2007-12-13 Member: 63157Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    As far as the female marine goes, we have seen a video that shows a glimpse of the female marine in one of the podcasts.
  • measlesmeasles Join Date: 2007-02-26 Member: 60122Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1799489:date=Sep 22 2010, 11:39 AM:name=Tig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tig @ Sep 22 2010, 11:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1799489"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->didn't bother to read but could you throw in a helicopter?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What? In space?
    I think 'MOON 44' have the exclusive rights to that ridiculous concept ^^
  • LaPalidaLaPalida Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31182Members, Constellation
    I've asked for this before and I can't stress it enough... a female marine model.
    Even ALIENS had female marines...

Don't leave out the female audience. Girls/women have been playing games (fps/rts/rpgs) for long enough to be at least included in this symbolic way. How would you expect the female audience to shift their interest to these games if you don't even create a virtual female character in the game? Also I suggest different skin types for marines and/or body types. It would make it visually more interesting. I have played enough games to see that versatility/diversity creates interest and makes the game feel "warmer" in a way. For example all the models are the same "perfect human" body type in Guild Wars... it was kind of creepy to play it, not to mention boring... like everyone was a clone of everyone else (which they were). On the other hand TF2 has more interesting, diverse, and recognisable characters (albeit no female ones :S). Perhaps create a whip thin marine or a big barrel chested one or even a jolly fat marine etc.
    The hive is a female (queen), stop ya winjing!
  • LaPalidaLaPalida Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31182Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1819021:date=Dec 24 2010, 08:40 AM:name=measles)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (measles @ Dec 24 2010, 08:40 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1819021"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The hive is a female (queen), stop ya winjing!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

lol... yeah I've always wanted to be an organic sack hanging off a ceiling producing nutrient goo.

Srsly... female models... nuff said
  • hardrock527hardrock527 Join Date: 2009-07-15 Member: 68150Members
    As a mapper I would like to see lots of industrial equipment models. A set of Generic Landmarks would be nice to have. Anything large and industrial will do. Mining equipment, Cranes, Equipment Movers, Forges, Furnaces, Generators, Refineries, Lots of Flood lights, Large fuel containers, Solar Cells, and an Aliens style exosuit with flamethrowers attached.... Its easy to create simple objects and environments with the map tools but electronics and machinery are hard to make without spending hours in blender for a one time use map model. But if its a public model I'm sure it will get used a lot.

Also I would really like to see some corpses modeled as well as some blood smear textures. Unless this will be marketed as a Teen game I would like to be able to create some massacre rooms where the aliens have came in and tore up the place. A couple scientists, technicians, engineers, astronauts corpse models as well as frontiersman and alien corpses would be epic.
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    Mess hall models. Inspired by something like aliums.

You know, tables, benches, food dispensers, etc.
  • rhysjones81rhysjones81 Join Date: 2007-10-05 Member: 62548Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Perhaps non standard weapons that the marines 'cannot' use, i.e non TSA approved weapons the crew may have fought and died with.

heres some other ideas

- On the LCD display your talking about, if you really fancy a challenge do like a doom 3 type sub menu, someones emails, a security camera of one of the hives? Social networking website? FrontiersBook?

- Blood Spatter, the Kharaa could probably survive an episode of CSI, I have rarely seen any bloody walls or grim scenes, its almost like the humans noticed and just closed the infestation off everytime.

- I love the idea of the social areas, can the chairs and things be affected by the physics and so fall over when an Onos stomps by, or as suggested be picked up and used to block a doorway?

- Personal terminals, i.e home computers in barracks

- Eating Areas these places always seem to have survived on air!

- Armouries these can tie in with the whole weapons idea

- Cleaning supplies, electrical supplies, damaged undamaged of both.

- Propane, Methane, Helium, Hydrogen canisters, all of these could potentially have futuristic uses?

- Phones, Comms, whatever we think they use?

Also how about alien props?

- Dead skulks? Maybe we could have bits of aliens or whole aliens in some select locations which have obviously fallen before the marines came, the rooms and halls are always so empty!

- perhaps we could have prefabs that could be attached to walls of mettalic slashes which have ripped through the wall. (This may be done in some texturing but I think it could look fantastic as a prefab, also allowing it to be applied to any surface!)

- Alien blood splatter

- Doors which have been smashed off their hinges and could still react to physics if given necessary pushes

- Have certain doors in the game which can be smashed off their hinges (not a prefab but an idea while I'm on it!)

Obviously if we have too many dead aliens lurking around the place a live skulk could probably just nestle in with it and wouldn't be noticed. Would this be a good or bad thing? The game does shoot for a sense of unease and drama so That will have to be up for debate!
  • rhysjones81rhysjones81 Join Date: 2007-10-05 Member: 62548Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    This will be a far larger prop Idea but perhaps we could look at spacecraft?

Alot of the mother ship type craft we have fought the kharaa on have rarely showed any kind of fighter craft or even repair ships/bots to be used in the event of external hull failure, ship defense etc.

so

- Fighter craft
    - support craft
    - repair bots (not the macs damaged failed)

thought of some extra bits for general use too

-ATM's (I'm sure currency would be used about living areas on ships etc)
    -Storage Lockers (Most likely included, but soldiers type etc, a little variance)
    -Laptop computers, which can obviously be thrown about the room / break
    -Picks, Shovels (for mining type levels)
    -Lab equipment, test equipment
    -random boxes (things of electronic nature which assist things, or could patch cables together, extend networks, these could look like anything, and simply be spares lying around which have not yet been implemented.)
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    Id love to see a list of modelers, texture artists and animators who could help add some props for customer level creaters, rather than just a lot of "I would like x prop" I see in this thread.
  • Jason WhoreJason Whore Join Date: 2011-04-11 Member: 92514Members
    its more like particles but... LASERS ! i want a lasershow in mah maps :3
    security lasers
    scanner lasers
    welding lasers
    aiming lasers 4 turrets
    cutting lasers
    whatever you can come up with
  • UKchaosUKchaos Join Date: 2002-08-10 Member: 1132Members
    edited May 2011
    The big thing that is missing is Landmarks! Large, prominent features that players will remember and will go hand-in-hand with the name of the room.

Stuff like the Tram car is exactly what we need. Its a memorable feature and it helps communication. Saying "meet up at the tram" is simple and effective. If you just have a room full of boxes and random junk players are less likely to remember its name.

There is too much emphasis on moddelling all these minor little details. Adding additional clutter should not be a priority. I face-palm everytime a patch adds stuff like Soda cans and random discard Tools.

If its just a random member of the community making them - all the power to them, but the paid UW moddellers should focus entirely on objects that serve the gameplay and for-go frivilous window-dressing.
    It would be awesome if there were to be a location in map(s) that have a real-time overview of the map. Just with the places and locations using a red/green indicator to state wether they are opowered up or not.
    This would make for a great and important place for teams to overrun/fortify, and create a more submersive in-game expierience,
  • maD maXmaD maX Join Date: 2010-01-28 Member: 70347Members
    Map room!!! A Tactical hard to defend room(so it dosnt nessisarily becom a base) that shows mini map with all structures and infestation for both teams...
  • FroztyFrozty SWEDEN Join Date: 2012-01-22 Member: 141596Members
    Why dont you add a "female" marine model?
    Switch between male&female in options.
  • FloodinatorFloodinator [HBZ] Member Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42087Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    A marine female model will be released post 1.0 for sure.
  • tonyakermantonyakerman Join Date: 2012-01-29 Member: 142487Members
    edited February 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1873400:date=Sep 7 2011, 12:17 AM:name=measles)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (measles @ Sep 7 2011, 12:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1873400"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It would be awesome if there were to be a location in map(s) that have a real-time overview of the map. Just with the places and locations using a red/green indicator to state wether they are opowered up or not.
    This would make for a great and important place for teams to overrun/fortify, and create a more submersive in-game expierience,<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i agree......

• ArkantiArkanti pub baddie Join Date: 2011-07-22 Member: 111781Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1841952:date=Apr 22 2011, 10:12 PM:name=Thaldarin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thaldarin @ Apr 22 2011, 10:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1841952"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Id love to see a list of modelers, texture artists and animators who could help add some props for customer level creaters, rather than just a lot of "I would like x prop" I see in this thread.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'll be adding a few variants of futuristic civilian train carriages for the level I'm making. Some textures too, but I'll see what exactly I'll need on that front when I get to it.
  • DrakennzDrakennz Join Date: 2012-03-11 Member: 148620Members
    I'd love to see a Dr. Dre model.......o_0
  • KuikiKuiki Join Date: 2012-02-03 Member: 143467Members
    It would be nice to have some useable probs, maybe a forklifter and pallets with boxes barrels and so on this can give a tacticle oppertunity. Or security systems and cameras wich can be used to spy rooms wich are controlled by aliens. Maybe drills and chainsaws can be found on maps as better melee weapons.
    <b>NS2_VEIL is ammaayyzziiieen!</b>
  • wanniewannie Join Date: 2012-07-28 Member: 154405Members
    I say some clean wall/floor prefabs and maybe clean computers / desks to create a different more clean maps.
  • KopikatKopikat Join Date: 2012-09-06 Member: 158170Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1897682:date=Jan 27 2012, 09:16 AM:name=BuzterOne)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BuzterOne @ Jan 27 2012, 09:16 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1897682"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why dont you add a "female" marine model?
    Switch between male&female in options.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1 to this.
  • GameOverGameOver Germany Join Date: 2003-10-15 Member: 21700Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Black skinned marine/female marine. (btw i wondered why you made a complete new model for deluxe edition instead of another skin colour or gender ;))

Exo parts like the cabin, the arm, the legs so i ... eh we can build an assembly line ;)
    i want to see the train and the tracks of ns2_docking fixed so we can see the interior and the tracks of course.
    Track models for the ns2_tram tram.
    maybe ceiling turrets, disabled or destroyed ... you know, the turrets like in half life.
    shooting range targets
    <!--quoteo(post=1897682:date=Jan 28 2012, 03:16 AM:name=BuzterOne)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BuzterOne @ Jan 28 2012, 03:16 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1897682"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Why dont you add a "female" marine model?
    Switch between male&female in options.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->-1<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

I am against the enlistment of female operatives to the front line!
    It impairs squadron efficiency and degenerates overall moral.
    It's one thing to see a brother fall in the line of duty. It's all together more discouraging to be witness to a mother (to be?) being slain, or even slaying!

Don't amke me call Amnesty Inter-Galactic!!
  • maD maXmaD maX Join Date: 2010-01-28 Member: 70347Members
    Racks(beds).... Stack 2 or 3 high.... Could create crew quarters ... Nobody wants to walk into their bedroom and find a skulk hiding under the sheets.