Spider Alien idea!

2»

Comments

• NEX9NEX9 Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44299Members
    cough deraield it sorry and double post, err being awsomely bad tonight, *spoiler i have a spider alien on the shop floor right now but its siting some wer ebetween about 3 school projects and a few home projects. will prolly release some images soon, i like to bring props to my suggestions, acctuly is a remake of a old new life form idea i posted 3 years back, most likely wasnt the first to suggest a spider alien and kylie here wont be the last.
  • Wyattx3Wyattx3 Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18386Members
    About the hook stuff for gorge, it doesn't have to be exactly like how it is in the custom servers, and it shouldn't. But that doesn't mean there cant be anything like it. Say for example Webs new alternate fire could be to shoot out a thicker web that gorges can walk on. Wouldn't make it any faster for gorge to get around, but would still make it so the gorge can move around in a more alien way and not being stuck in the same paths as marines.

I don't know if gorges will be able to use ladders in NS2, but if they don't, a nice way to be able to bypass the ladders would be to build a sort of web path that all the aliens can use. Not to mention all the other uses it could have.
  • radicalkillerradicalkiller Join Date: 2007-10-17 Member: 62669Members
    i didnt see this thread but i posted this idea in another thread so ill post it here to.
    <!--quoteo(post=1656549:date=Oct 18 2007, 02:54 AM:name=radicalkiller)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(radicalkiller @ Oct 18 2007, 02:54 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1656549"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->A spider like alien would be awesome. It could maybe have like spider webs it can shoot out and make like walls that the marines have to blast away to get through like, a build web option that you shoot at 1 side of the wall then the other then it creates a single web rope thing this way it will take a little bit for it to create a good web wall. Maybe it could also spit out a web to entangle the marine and then enables the spider to feed off the corpse till all his hitpoints are gone and he dies. This would stop marines going rambo because they could have this happen to them and if a fellow marine comes by they can take him out of the web by shooting at him once. Maybe even add in the option for the spider to be able to kill the marine while hes in the web and then you can pick up the dead corpse and store it to feed off of later to regen health.

also want to add the build web option that you could be able to climb your web also this will add a uniqueness of the spider make it a sneaky defense alien instead of offense maybe making the web you shoot to catch a marine you need to build it up first... like what i am try to say is you click your left mouse button after you select this attack and it takes like 10 seconds to build it up before you can shoot it to prevent a spider from making a offensive leap in the marines base and cocooning the entire team.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • PikminwarsPikminwars Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58468Members
    This thread reminds me of the <a href="http://www.left4dead411.com/left-4-dead-preview-pg12" target="_blank">smoker from Left 4 Dead.</a>