I Just Lost 2 Thousand Dollars

2»

Comments

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1636942:date=Jul 1 2007, 05:45 PM:name=Chrono)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chrono @ Jul 1 2007, 05:45 PM) [snapback]1636942[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    im active duty military i just gained a infinite amount of money for all school while im in the military that means everything having to do with any education is payed for. and once im out ill have another 40k for school
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I wonder if you could put yourself through med school by sending other people to hospitals, where you could treat them later if you do a good enough job of injuring them, and also make it through med school?
  • ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1636942:date=Jul 1 2007, 08:45 PM:name=Chrono)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chrono @ Jul 1 2007, 08:45 PM) [snapback]1636942[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    im active duty military i just gained a infinite amount of money for all school while im in the military that means everything having to do with any education is payed for. and once im out ill have another 40k for school
    How does that work during active duty?

Do you have to take correspondence course? are there military colleges that count as active duty? (honestly, just curious)
  • TOmekkiTOmekki Join Date: 2003-11-25 Member: 23524Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1636899:date=Jul 1 2007, 02:59 PM:name=TychoCelchuuu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TychoCelchuuu @ Jul 1 2007, 02:59 PM) [snapback]1636899[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    I'm sorry if you didn't find this amusing in any way but I didn't force you to read the thread and I certainly have no control over whether or not you feel compelled to reply. You can indicate your lack of interest in this subject by avoiding the topic completely.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i said i didnt care about your money. what my post was aimed at wasnt the money but your spoiled and arrogant attitude. i just finished what might be the finnish equivalent of college this year, and the best performers in the nation-wide final exams got about 1000 euros maximum, minus taxes i guess.

someone said about the rest of the world "not affording" a voluminous scholarship system like the u.s. (apparently). perhaps, but in my opinion a system where even the brightest bookworms and top performers have to get a "cheap" job at some point in their lives is better, simply cause that way they might still have the empathy to not ###### on common people once they become the nation's new political/economical elite
  • ChronoChrono Local flyboy Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18989Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1636955:date=Jul 1 2007, 06:47 PM:name=Thansal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Thansal @ Jul 1 2007, 06:47 PM) [snapback]1636955[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    How does that work during active duty?

Do you have to take correspondence course? are there military colleges that count as active duty? (honestly, just curious)

basicly every base (unless its ###### tiny) has a community college on it that you can take classes. besides that you can take CLEP tests (which is basicly study a book on your own time and then take a test on the course to get the credits for it) for free anywhere through the wonders of the internet. if you get a good GPA on your associats degree you can enter in many programs provided by the military, which all basicly pull you from duty and halt your contract and the military sends you to a civilian university and pays for all of it and even still gives you yours military paycheck. then once your done and get your degree your contract starts back up and you have about a 90% chance of going to officer school and you basicly finish up your contract.

honestly the US military has got it pretty sweet, especialy education wise but very few soldiers take advantage of it instead they spend their off time drunk or something.
  • AldarisAldaris Join Date: 2002-03-25 Member: 351Members, Constellation
    So many people with a pissy attitude in this thread, just because they don't have the same luxuries. I'd be damn annoyed if I lost out on $2,000.

Sorry that you lost out on the money Tycho due to a stupid oversight :/
  • HazeHaze O RLY? Join Date: 2003-07-07 Member: 18018Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1636962:date=Jul 1 2007, 11:46 PM:name=TOmekki)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TOmekki @ Jul 1 2007, 11:46 PM) [snapback]1636962[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    i said i didnt care about your money. what my post was aimed at wasnt the money but your spoiled and arrogant attitude. i just finished what might be the finnish equivalent of college this year, and the best performers in the nation-wide final exams got about 1000 euros maximum, minus taxes i guess.

someone said about the rest of the world "not affording" a voluminous scholarship system like the u.s. (apparently). perhaps, but in my opinion a system where even the brightest bookworms and top performers have to get a "cheap" job at some point in their lives is better, simply cause that way they might still have the empathy to not ###### on common people once they become the nation's new political/economical elite

:o

Eat your peas, the children are starving in china.
  • TestamentTestament Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4037Members
    Me and my mother are losing the house we rent and can't afford to rent anywhere in this city.

Cry.