NS isnt showing up in games list on steam

WattaghheckWattaghheck Join Date: 2007-05-06 Member: 60814Members
edited May 2007 in New Player Forum
Natural Selection wont even appear in steam games list... what should i do to correct this...?

and btw yes it is installed and it is hl1.

Comments

• princessprincess Yaaar! Bristol Join Date: 2004-09-11 Member: 31605Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    Try checking that the NS installation is actually present in the HL folder. You should find it in your Steam directory, which will be something like this:

...\Steam\SteamApps\your@steamaccount\half-life\ns

There's no reason it shouldnt work if you have Half Life (NB: the first version, not HL2) and NS properly installed.
  • WattaghheckWattaghheck Join Date: 2007-05-06 Member: 60814Members
    I have done just that and still seems to be giving me no response... Is there anything else that could be the problem?
  • MisfireMisfire Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5764Members
    make sure ur logged into the right account.
  • ChaosBobChaosBob Join Date: 2006-11-01 Member: 58169Members, Constellation
    If you can go into the Steam files, usually you can find the ns file... all you have to do is move it to the right folder, as mentioned above.
  • TweakGamesTweakGames Join Date: 2004-06-21 Member: 29440Members
    Ok, so I just bought Counter strike and counter strike condition zero off steam.... I thought that had halflife with it ..but I dont have the half life folder... and on steam it says preinstall of halflife is preloaded, but if I right click it I can only purchase it for $9 more! What the heck? I cant make this thing work with the $9 HL1 Conterstrike I just got???
  • princessprincess Yaaar! Bristol Join Date: 2004-09-11 Member: 31605Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    Yeh you need to get a stand-alone copy of HL. The CS package contains the HL files needed to run CS, but not all the HL files... or something, I think...

But yeh, you definitely need to get HL to play this mod.
  • BacillusBacillus Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Members
    Always run hl at least once before installing any mods. After you've launched hl, all the files should finally be there. Then install ns.
  • FaskaliaFaskalia Wechsellichtzeichenanlage Join Date: 2004-09-12 Member: 31651Members, Constellation
    Try this:

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?s=134567072175247408&showtopic=89619" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index....showtopic=89619</a>