How to remove maping rendering in game engine

Browser_ICEBrowser_ICE Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6944Members Posts: 698 Advanced user
Want to examine lighting in-game vs 3d max
How can I remove texturing maping done in rendering ?

In other words, I want my NS engine to only dray grayed out textures but with all the lighting intact.

I want to examine in-game lighting to mimic it in 3d max.
Browser [ICE]

GMAX support forum moderator at www.turbosquid.com

You can find my own NS Steam background below all done in full 3d !!!
My Artworks available at Turbosquid until I find more space
and at my DeviantArt
Pre/Selection status
GWFilms

Comments

• weywey Cineastè Join Date: 2003-06-01 Member: 16910Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation Posts: 209
    CODE
    gl_max_size -1
    should do the job. Alternatively a whitewall-hack.
  • Browser_ICEBrowser_ICE Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6944Members Posts: 698 Advanced user
    Thx but it doesn't work. Nothing happens.

I tried using -1, 0 and even 255.

To be able to walk around, I've started a Lan server with no time limits.
    Browser [ICE]

and at my DeviantArt
    Pre/Selection status
    GWFilms
  • weywey Cineastè Join Date: 2003-06-01 Member: 16910Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation Posts: 209
    Hmm did you load a map before applying the command? It only affects textures which haven't been loaded already.

CODE
    gl_max_size -1
    map ns_eclipse

gives me this.
  • Browser_ICEBrowser_ICE Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6944Members Posts: 698 Advanced user
    Lol, I tried the command while being in the map. That's why.

I do it prior to loading a map and it works. But somehow, some textures are still showing up. Most of them are missing as I wanted but not all of them.
    Browser [ICE]

and at my DeviantArt
    Pre/Selection status
    GWFilms
    gl_max_size gets reseted after loading a map, so you need to apply gl_max_size -1 again before any changelevel. Otherwise, the new textures in the second map are visible. For some reason the building textures are always visible, but everything else is gone here.
    If that doesn't fix the problem, there are still tons of good whitewall hacks out there biggrin-fix.gif. Let me know if you need one.
  • SpaceJesusSpaceJesus Join Date: 2004-07-02 Member: 29683Banned Posts: 938
    QUOTE(wey @ Mar 26 2007, 01:47 AM) »
    Let me know if you need one.

Hacker.

Difference is that the map textures are imported from external texture files, whereas model textures are packed inside the .mdl with the animations geometry uv coords and all that other crap.
    *IMAGE BALEETED.* Sigs are not to exceed 400x75 or 22KB. No exceptions. -Talesin