Goodbye Pandora?

GwahirGwahir Join Date: 2002-04-24 Member: 513Members, Constellation
New rules for royalties paid by internet radio stations could drastically increase the cost of running one.

<a href="http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/03/19/ap3531170.html" target="_blank">Link.</a>

Comments

• ThansalThansal The New Scum Join Date: 2002-08-22 Member: 1215Members, Constellation

Having to be on the side of Clear Channel sorta makes me sad.

The first time I saw this mentioned it was only NPR doing something (and I fully approve of NPR), however Clear Channel makes me a sad penguin.

<!--QuoteBegin-TFA+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TFA)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->A previous agreement covering small commercial webcasters, which also expired at the end of 2005, allowed those companies to pay a flat rate of 12 percent of annual revenues in lieu of calculating the total number of listener-hours as larger broadcasters and Web companies were required to.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Now that is interesting. I would love to figure out how much everyone WAS paying (and why).
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    This is kind of old news, but it is pretty annoying. Maybe we'll get some pirate bootleg Internet radio or something.