Hit boxes?!

SynapseSynapse Join Date: 2007-03-05 Member: 60242Members Posts: 24
I wanted to know if there's a place where we could see exactly how are the alien hit boxes, because onos's hit box seems larger than the graphic and lerk's hit box is...is...man I really don't know where it is.

I don't really see the difference in aiming quality if I kill a lerk or not, I often don't feel like I'm aiming good and lerk dies and the other way around too...

Comments

• AnsjovisAnsjovis Join Date: 2007-02-03 Member: 59864Members Posts: 20
  • BlooBloo Village Fool of UWF Join Date: 2006-11-09 Member: 58497Members Posts: 452
    The regular hl modelviewer is better to handle than jed's

I suggest you download that instead..
  • SynapseSynapse Join Date: 2007-03-05 Member: 60242Members Posts: 24
    Well, that was interesting...but did that fix anything, not really. Ok, here's the deal.

I know the dmg table for both sides very well, depending on how many hives or upgrades marines may have. When I see my enemy, I usually know exactly how many hits it will take to kill him. But, that doesn't make sense.

Let's say a game start where it takes 9 bullets lmg or 5 pistols bullets to kill a skulk, or 2 bites + 1 para to kill a marine. That often works...on bots, of course it works on players but rarely. With pistol, its not too bad...altough sometimes I aim perfectly and don't kill, or I aim pretty off and kill. I see the blood, and I see at least 9-10 from lmg or 6 blood splat from pistol...but, why isn't my enemy dead?

Or I bite marines, or swipe...all i see in my screen is a marine, but at least 33% of the time, my attack simply doesn't do any dmg. Other times, i'm not bitting in a marine at all, in fact he's 180 degrees behind me, but hey...i killed him.

Both situations, piss me off...when I act good, I deserve to win, when I don't I deserve to die.

I've been playing fps's for years and years and I've always been good, in any I try, off or online. Sometimes, I aim so good that I impress myself, I don't even understand how I get to achieve that kind of aiming...but I must say, most of the times, in that situation in ns, I don't kill...I do much better when I feel like i'm aiming bad, because the crossair isn't directly on the target.

Every time I click on +attack, I pray to be lucky...I often feel like when you achieve a certain point in skill, luck is a factor a lot more important, than more skill. I don't deserve all those I kills that I didn't even aim good, but hey...that must happen to others than me...I guess.

My rates are pretty good I guess, no choke no loss...when I play against bots, the regestering of bullets is magnificent...at least 95% of my good aiming hits. Dead on hits with shotgun 4 feet away, still misses sometimes, but not like against players.

I know this game a lot, and I try to act always the most optimal way, thinking a couple of moves ahead strategically ...but I always end up screwed because at some point, 4 shotgun bullets didn't kill the skulk...by the time the 5th finally kills, well my preparation of killing skulk I heard coming behind me is pretty screwed.

So in all of that, how do I become better, how can I get to another level of skill, if I don't see the difference in when I do a good or bad action. How many feel like me? Is it the half life engine that sucks? Can some exploit rates? Will world peace fix the problem?! tounge.gif
  • UnderwhelmedUnderwhelmed DemoDetective #?! Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58026Members, Constellation Posts: 756 Advanced user
    edited March 2007
    cl_cmdrate (Your stable FPS + 5 if your connection can handle it)
    cl_updaterate 60
    cl_cmdbackup 2 or 1, if your connection can handle it
    cl_resend 6 to 8, if you're playing with high loss
    ex_interp (As low as possible without things becoming too jerky)
    ex_extrapmax 2

I should mention that hitreg is most often a server issue. Some servers reg just fine, while others are terrible.
    QUOTE (SmoodCroozn)
    Don't bother posting, because it seems to me, you don't even know how the game works.

THIS SIGNATURE IS IN VIOLATION OF COMMUNITY RULES
  • IHOP7IHOP7 Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33435Members, Constellation Posts: 23
    Generaly the more amx plugins a server runs the less accurate the reg becomes.
    IPB Image
    Click here. Or wonder till it drives you mad what would have followed of you had.

Laws:
    It is considered an offence to shower naked. - Florida
    The penalty for jumping off a building is death - New York
  • SynapseSynapse Join Date: 2007-03-05 Member: 60242Members Posts: 24
    Thx ill check on that ! ^^