I can't run maps in Hammer because of a dll error

PikminwarsPikminwars Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58468Members
This may be a bit off-topic, because I'm trying to make TFC maps and not NS maps, but I've asked many people and I'm starting to get desperate. Also, after being able use use hammer, I could... uh... make NS maps or something.

Ok, whenever I try to run a map I've created, I get the following error:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Fatal Error

Could not find filesystem dll to load.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This error appears in a Half-Life mod kind of window, so it may have something to do with my config. I have tried to run a map with Half-Life and I get the same problem. Here is my Configuration for TFC, if it helps.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>Game Configurations:</b>

Game Executable:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\pikminwars\team fortress classic

Mod Directory:

Game Directory:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\pikminwars\half-life\valve

RMF Directory:
C:\Program Files\Valve Hammer Editor\maps

<b>Build Programs:</b>

Game Executable:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\pikminwars\team fortress classic\hl.exe

CSG:
C:\Program Files\Valve Hammer Editor\zhlt34x86final\hlcsg.exe

BSP:
C:\Program Files\Valve Hammer Editor\zhlt34x86final\hlbsp.exe

VIS:
C:\Program Files\Valve Hammer Editor\zhlt34x86final\hlvis.exe

RAD:
C:\Program Files\Valve Hammer Editor\zhlt34x86final\hlrad.exe

Place compiled maps in the following directory before running game:
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\pikminwars\team fortress classic\tfc\maps
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Also, I'm currently using version 3.5 of hammer. Help?

Comments

• PikminwarsPikminwars Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58468Members
    New info, I was able to test my map by going to TFC and running the map manually. Therefore, the reason I get the error is because I configured Hammer wrong. So, all I someone to do is double check my directories and give me the correct ones.
  • MerkabaMerkaba Digital Harmony Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 22Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester
    I don't have TFC installed so I can't be sure, but I think your game directory should not be looking in half-life/, as that is a completely different game directory to TFC. There should be a /team fortress classic/valve folder perhaps?

Hammer 3.5 isn't the hammer that comes with the Steam SDK, is it? I know the latest non-steam Hammer is 3.5 but that is beta, so I was wondering if 3.5 final was Steam's or not.
  • PikminwarsPikminwars Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58468Members
    I changed the config around what you said, I still get the error while trying to launch from Hammer ;(

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Executable:

Mod:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\pikminwars\team fortress classic\tfc

Game:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\pikminwars\team fortress classic\valve

RMF:
    C:\Program Files\Valve Hammer Editor\maps<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Also, 3.5 is separate from steam. 4.1 is the one that comes with SDK.
  • MerkabaMerkaba Digital Harmony Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 22Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester
    Ah...I think the problem then is that you are launching from hammer, As TFC must be loaded from Steam. You are best off looking on google for an answer to your problem, I think - or else just run HL/TFC manually, which is what I do (if your PC can handle it, have it run windowed in the background so you can quickly switch to it and load up your map whenever it finishes compiling)
  • bERt0rbERt0r Join Date: 2005-03-23 Member: 46181Members
    Thats cause the game executable has to look something like that: "C:\Spiele\Steam.exe -applaunch 240". Create a desktop shortcut for tfc from steam - my games and copy the path from there. I think that should do it