HL1 open_gl cvars

chubbystevechubbysteve Join Date: 2002-10-14 Member: 1496Members, Constellation
edited January 2007 in Off-Topic
<div class="IPBDescription">looked around to no avail</div>Are there are any cvars in hl1 to adjust the anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering?

I'm on a ati radeon mobility chip (no driver updates) so I haxed it with the dlls from normal ati driver releases, but I don't have a graphics card properties dialogue because of it.

Mod can delete if the answer is a simple no. Cheers!

Edit: not just cvars, .cfg files I could edit?

Comments

• CabooseCaboose title = name(self, handle) Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13597Members, Constellation
    No... 1998... uh, just no.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    No, you have to force it through the drivers. If that's not an option, then uh, forget it. I play without AA/AF just because it's too much trouble to turn it on and off every time I want to play NS, and it's not so bad.
  • iFireiFire Join Date: 2002-07-31 Member: 1038Members
    edited January 2007
    Look up gl_texturemode

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->set the rendering mode: in order from lowest quality (fastest) to highest quality (slowest), [type] options are: GL_NEAREST_MIPMAP_NEAREST, GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST, GL_NEAREST_MIPMAP_LINEAR, GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR. Think of the 1st two as low and high quality for hardware that supports bilinear filetering, and the 2nd two as low and high quality for hardware that supports trilinear filtering.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

gl_texturemode GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR <- This would be the highest setting.
    Halflife is limited to trillinear texture filtering not "anisotropic filtering".

Anything more recent and it'll be through driver forcing.
  • chubbystevechubbysteve Join Date: 2002-10-14 Member: 1496Members, Constellation
    Oh well! Cheers for that hellfire. Yah Tycho thats what I was doing before I haxupdated my drivers.

Anti aliasing is good for screenshots!