Achievements not unlocking

FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
edited March 2016 in Technical Support
I'm seeing that my achievements aren't unlocking for certain things. I know for sure I've welded 5 power nodes, defended 5 extractors, killed 5 harvesters, probly destroyed 50+ extractors by now, must have defended 5 harvesters.

There's no progress counter to check if these register when the event happens, but I think most of these aren't working. I'm surprised I haven't got the frag on an onos yet but atleast that sounds possible. Does enemy technology count alien structures? Cause outside of res I'd have that too for sure.
Combat Engineer
Build 10 Extractors in 1 round

Repairman
Weld 5 Power Nodes

Big Game Hunter
Kill an Onos

Long Term Investments
Kill an enemy while defending an Extractor 5 times

Adam Smith
Kill an enemy while defending an Extractor 10 times

Economics 101
Kill 5 Harvesters

Dambuster
Kill 10 Harvesters

No Tech For You
Kill 15 Harvesters

Barking Dog
Destroy 10 Extractors

Rifles Only
Destroy 15 Extractors

Secure Investments
Kill a Marine while defending a Harvester 5 times

Patron Saint of Res
Kill a Marine while defending a Harvester 10 times

Quality Assurance
Kill a developer

Burning Cash
Destroy 200 resources worth of enemy technology

Recession
Destroy 300 resources worth of enemy technology

Achievement list on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/stats/NaturalSelection2/achievements/
Numbers are low due to low player retention of the past :) but many I listed are still 0%

Comments

• rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    A lot of the achievements (all of the ones you listed) are not global achievements, they are single-round. So you need to do those things in ONE round to get it.... are you doing that and still not receiving them? (For example you need to kill 5 harvesters in a single round as a marine to get the harvester one, you can't do 3 one round and 2 the next round)
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I feel like this isn't really clear in the achievements.

That being said, (warning: rant incoming, pun not intended), kill 15 RTs in one round? That sounds pretty intense, or a really long round. A lot of rounds end before 15 RTs in total have been killed, so basically you have to kill every RT or a good % in a round to get it. I understand it's an achievement and shouldn't happen all the time but still...

Also, defend an RT 10 times? Again, unless you're doing some serious RT campage or running around on a longer round, that's a pretty tall order. IDK, I kind of don't care at this point.

I do have a question though, what's the "radius" approximately to "kill an enemy while defending an RT" or similar, is it kind of the whole room or do you and/or the target have to be pretty close to the RT, like 10ft or something?!

Also, what constitutes "killing" an RT? Is it the final blow? Any damage caused? More than 50% of the damage caused?

In addition, I hope you and the others log in occasionally so people can kill you :D ... that's another ridiculously rare achievement.
  • TibbsTibbs Join Date: 2013-02-10 Member: 182965Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited March 2016
    +1 on clarifying the achivement descriptions

That includes all of the "Destroy X Extractors", "Kill X Harvesters", "Destroy X resources worth of enemy technology", "Kill a Marine while defending a Harvester X times", "Kill an enemy while defending an Extractor X times", "Follow X Commander’s orders", "Weld X Power Nodes". Maybe I've missed one.

Also, what does "Destroy X resources worth of enemy technology" exactly mean?

I also want to echo HeatSurge's questions about what you need to do to actually unlock some of these achivements. It is also probably best do to a pass on the achivements so that the description text is consistent between them, I've seen some variations that describe the same thing.

Also, if there could be a progress counter on the achievements then that would be so helpful.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    I mean, alot of people have played MANY hours of this game. I'd argue that it's possible that NONE of them have kill 15 harvesters in a single round. I guess I could check the steam achievements progress, but yea.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2016
    You can easily try and verify this with a friend on a lone server. (Edit: Nope doesnt work in sandbox)
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Here's global steam progression. Many of the ones I listed are pretty damn impossible-ish. I mean I got the Onos one last night, np just a matter of time. I had just copy pasted from steam all the achievements I didn't have yet.

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/NaturalSelection2/achievements/
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Maybe it doesn't show less then 0.1% of all players. Actually I'm fine when some achievments are harder to get.
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll bring this up and we'll see about refining them to more do-able standards.
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    Frozen wrote: »
    Here's global steam progression. Many of the ones I listed are pretty damn impossible-ish. I mean I got the Onos one last night, np just a matter of time. I had just copy pasted from steam all the achievements I didn't have yet.

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/NaturalSelection2/achievements/

That list is kind of hard to assess though, what with the numbers being rounded to one decimal place when the highest does not even reach one percent.
    edited March 2016
    I'm presuming that 0% means 0 people, and that it goes to 0.1% when at least 1 completed it. But then again that's wrong since ive seen some 0% ones completed.
    edited March 2016
    So Brock just clarified that those statistics on the Global Gameplay Stats are counting every single copy of ns2 sold ever (which is 1.6million+ copies) - so seeing that .1% or even 0% does not necessarily mean no one is getting them... we're going to wait another week or two before reviewing / adjusting them. Thank you as always for the feedback, we're keeping an eye on it.
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    rantology wrote: »
    So Brock just clarified that those statistics on the Global Gameplay Stats are counting every single copy of ns2 sold ever (which is 1.6million+ copies) - so seeing that .1% or even 0% does not necessarily mean no one is getting them... we're going to wait another week or two before reviewing / adjusting them. Thank you as always for the feedback, we're keeping an eye on it.

Well that's depressing to know that less than 1% of all the people who have this game have fired it up since the acheivements launched.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Calego wrote: »
    rantology wrote: »

Well that's depressing to know that less than 1% of all the people who have this game have fired it up since the acheivements launched.

Should be based on active users (Last played <- 6 months) to be honest, otherwise all achievements will be under 2%.