276 Disable Rookie Mode

HaX^HaX^ Join Date: 2013-01-10 Member: 178771Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Hi all,
I'm a pretty seasoned player, and just installed NS2 on a new computer. However, with the latest patch, I have found that I can no longer switch Rookie Mode off. It used to be in the Options menu, now it's gone. I've tried playing through the tutorial to try and see if that would get rid of the rookie status, or if the option would show up in the options after that. Unfortunately, it did not. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

dL - HaX^

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2015
    Wear that green name with pride and play for 4 hours. It is planned to make the rookie state bound to the player's hive level with one of the upcoming builds.
  • BabblerKingBabblerKing Join Date: 2015-07-12 Member: 206120Members
    Unless he plays on a server that is not or not yet whitelisted.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Wear that green name with pride and play for 4 hours. It is planned to make the rookie state bound to the player's hive level with one of the upcoming builds.
    Hax has 1180 hours of ns2. Are you sure it isn't a bug?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2015
    Nordic wrote: »
    Hax has 1180 hours of ns2. Are you sure it isn't a bug?

It's a bug with how the playtime for the rookie mode gets stored atm. As said he just needs to play 4 hours and it will turn itself off automatically.
  • HaX^HaX^ Join Date: 2013-01-10 Member: 178771Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2015
    Well, it's kind of a problem, because I have been playing, and it's not going away. In the meantime, I can't command on certain servers due to being a rookie :/ Maybe I should consult my physician since it's been more than 4 hours...
  • HaX^HaX^ Join Date: 2013-01-10 Member: 178771Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Erm, the rookie went away now.
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    You've defeated the green beast, hero. Good luck on your journeys ahead!
    Zavaro wrote: »
    You've defeated the green beast, hero. Good luck on your journeys ahead!

Song will be sung and legends will be told :D
  • KillerWhiteKillerWhite Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58253Members
    I'm having a similar problem with the 276 build. I installed a fresh copy of NS2 on a new Linux machine and it's requiring me to play the tutorial before I can join a server so I can't even get the "4 hours" required. I've been playing NS since it was a fledgling half-life 1 mod so this is really annoying, especially since when I play the tutorial I can't get enough res to buy a shotgun from the armory for some reason and I get no messages or prompts telling me what it wants me to do next, I have to guess my way through. Please tell me there's a bypass for this...
  • askerasker Join Date: 2012-01-29 Member: 142449Members, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited December 2015
    I was looking to play the game again after getting news of the Aim to Please update. Turns out the game treats me as a newbie and wants to force me through a tutorial. I can't be arsed with it so I will play something else. You're losing players by forcing this upon all players no matter their history with the game.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    edited December 2015
    @asker you can type something in console to skip it I just saw. Will try to find for you quick

edit: at the main menu press ~/` to open console and type in "iamsquad5" then press enter. This should let you skip.
  • askerasker Join Date: 2012-01-29 Member: 142449Members, WC 2013 - Silver
    Brilliant, thank you!