BUILD 266 NOW LIVE ON STEAM - Natural Selection 2

1235»

Comments

• WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    NotPaLaGi wrote: »
    Obraxis wrote: »
    We just started work on 267!

Follow our progress and vote on the most important to you on our Trello board here:

https://trello.com/b/91ApENY6/ns2-cdt-development-tracker

I love that you guys are already working on a new build. My concern is most of that stuff on that tracker is barely noticeable. The most significant gameplay change I see is getting rid of cafeteria/locker close spawns on docking, which would be welcome but is hardly impactful. The only thing that gets me kind of excited is the "Implement new skill system" which in no way should be one line item (lol) and ideally phased in throughout multiple builds and tweaked as need. It should be obvious, but the community will give you loads of feedback on it. They will show you ways to abuse or break it in ways you won't think of.

I know you all have real jobs and lives, but please don't work on stuff just to work on stuff. If I could accidentally load up b255 right now, I wouldn't notice a difference in what I'm playing from what's live now. It looks like b257 might be the same way. If the goal is too bring people back to the game, I don't see that tracker doing it. Maybe I'm missing the goal of the CDT here. Is it too many playtesters focused too much on very rare bugs? Are there main gameplay goals you want to have accomplished in say 5 builds, 10 builds?

I don't want to see you waste your time, when something like "Add an option for server owners to tag their server: [Casual] or [Competitive]" could have an immediate player experience impact right now while you work on longer term solutions.

While is does appear to be that way, you have to understand that we as a group need to first show UWE that we can work together in the terms originally set and then proceed to make adjustments to other features such as gameplay mechanics and balance. But we need to get a couple patches under our belt and continue to work out our own build process too. Thank you for the input though.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    As you folk said that the whole med/select thing on marines is in ns2+, and I couldnt find it.. how is it called?
    Stil think that should be baseline.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2014
    In NS2+ there is no vertical check for med/ammo/cat drops. Aliens can be box selected so their hp can be easily checked. The option for disabling marine selecting when click is the last option in the misc tab so you don't need to E-S everytime.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    So I was browsing old threads and found an interesting one:
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/131949/rework-the-power-node-system-lighting/p1

I wonder how much work would need to go into getting some of the ideas in there working, or even if people would still want it?
  • PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    Holy crap things have changed! Wow! I think this is the greatest accomplishment since the Alpha release, and official Steam Release!

For all the different kinds of drama that we have gone through... Mad props to this community taking over development! I think I am going to get a little emotional. Thank you.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Benson wrote: »
    So I was browsing old threads and found an interesting one:
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/131949/rework-the-power-node-system-lighting/p1

I wonder how much work would need to go into getting some of the ideas in there working, or even if people would still want it?
    I did always like that idea.

Example picture from that thread.
    pV1Ag.jpg