N2WC : Inside player feedback

rayzourayzou Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184066Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
edited February 2014 in NS2 General Discussion
Woot Woot !

So great week end so far, never had such a great experience regarding games.

A big thank you to NS2WC crew, even if some stuff are to be worked on for next community-founded event, it's was a huge success.

A big thank you to spectators on Twitch (heard there were a lot of reactions in the chat, especially about RioS "We come from France, the center of Europe" LOL DEM FRENCHIES !).

A big thank you to spectators in the studio... They were so great and cheering so loud... During the first match, I was waiting and warming up in a different room. When i heard people shouting, slamming the ground with their foot and making so good atmosphere... <3 you all guys ! People can't imagine what it is when you are doing a great action and you can hear people cheering and slamming the ground, it gives you so much adrenaline that you think you are invincible !
To be honest, I was more worried about disappointing spectators than losing a round or the cup.

A big thank you to ESL studio. These guys were really welcoming and professional. We never had a computer issue for more than 5 minutes, we never lacked water, they were always here to filfull our needs (I felt I had so much importance, was so weird :D ).

A big thank you for the afterparty. Even if I was too much drunk to remember everything, it was awesome. As people said in other posts already, we all felt like we were part of the same family. So much trust between each others while it was the first time we met.

It was also great to meet UWE's staff, they are great guys and they are so generous (Charlie, I owe you a beer now, see you soon !).
Even if some of you guys might think you are not listened by them regarding your feedbacks on NS2, you can't be more wrong. You must understand UWE & the community have the same goal : rising NS2 higher, making it the best game ever !

<3

Comments

• MigeMige Join Date: 2005-03-19 Member: 45796Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Agreed both of you. Ray you didn't pass our sauna (cold) test :p Wanna try that on next year? :D
  • rayzourayzou Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184066Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Ah ye for sure, I will ! This time, I'll try to have some sleep first D:

*brain timed out*
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2014
    Ray might still be drunk ...
    And awake ;) . He is a french machine.

Awesome meeting you all (some again!) and I cant wait for another. Glad you players had an awesome time, us in the audience loved the whole thing. Superb work everyone!
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    I gotta be honest whit you guys here.
    Watching the games was a 2nd priority for me, and just a added bonus.
    I came to Cologne hoping to have the 13hour trainride pay off, and boy did it!
    It was AWESOME meeting everyone and participate in the madness in the croud.
    And another big thanks to the teams, UWE folks, and the playtesters for signing my "Onos Art-book"!
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited February 2014
    Remember, don't sell the mousepads I signed yet, they will go up in value if you hold onto them!

Edit: Syknik MVP.
    Also, maybe I should make a big post like everyone else, but I derail myself too easily, it might be a trainwreck (man, I'm good with bad jokes).
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Mendasp wrote: »
    Edit: Syknik MVP.

FTFY: Syknik's shoes MVP. Almost knocking out Golden and I before the tournament even started. I don't know if I've ever smelled anything worse in my life.

:D
    Syknik wrote: »
    ps @rayzou you are one crazy ass guy, we had a lot of fun! Don't forget we're putting up that video once leipa gets to it :D

WTF No way this is going on internet... T_T

It was a private coma no one except the sauna guys have to know ! (and all the fking snails who were making fun of me afterwards...)
  • GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    Really impressive event from what I was able to catch, I'm so happy for you guys that everything turned out great. Final match seemed very close and I read everyone's debrief and it sounded like a blast. It eased my mind greatly to see that everyone had no problems with logistics, setup, and various other behind-the-scenes stuff (I'm having terrible flashbacks of having someone translate a German Windows 7).

Is there any final word on viewer numbers?
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    I'm writing a big post starting about how godar got to the event, I realized it reflects very well how we all felt in the team, but I might make it a separate thread since it's way longer than anything here and I still haven't started to write about getting on the plane!
  • Live_FeedLive_Feed Join Date: 2010-07-15 Member: 72419Members
    Don't be shy, guys. You can admit the only reason you went to the NS2 WC is to experience Herakles.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Gliss wrote: »
    Is there any final word on viewer numbers?

I remember there were above 4k viewers somewhere during the stream. but I don't know how many guys watched the vods so far

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    @Gliss

Maximum concurrent viewers: 5,095
    Average concurrent viewers: 2,055
    Total broadcast time: 7.5 hours (including pre-show/post-show studio cams)
    Total views: 105,420
    Total unique viewers: 82,260
    Total hours watched: 22,808
    Chat messages sent: 12,060
  • Maxx11_v2.0Maxx11_v2.0 Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172221Members
    edited February 2014
    Twitch chats reaction when they realised Rant is female was both hilarious and kind of sad at the same time.

Great finals overall, gotta tip my hat to everyone that made it happen. Im actually looking forward to the next one.
  • Live_FeedLive_Feed Join Date: 2010-07-15 Member: 72419Members
    I agree. Sad that it wasn't a reaction to the hera pecs. I bet he glowed with altaic dominance when you experience him in person.