Bug Report - Impossible to progress without crashing. (Latest Experimental Build)

VerenosVerenos Join Date: 2017-01-22 Member: 227092Members
edited January 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkFk2ur82Bis6w3Cz5E1OvPPNYpT - I have attached all the files requested in a .zip folder located in this link.

It's impossible for me to move out of this position without crashing. The crashes usually happen around Kelp Forest, Reefs, and Mushroom Biomes. The Aurora has also disappeared. I had the Prawn Suit next to it on the tiny sandy islands near the engines when I had saved the game then reloaded the save later.

I deleted the CompiledOctreesCache files. The save folder was absurdly large with them.

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    See the first line of my signature, below.
  • VerenosVerenos Join Date: 2017-01-22 Member: 227092Members
    edited January 2017
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Hey thanks for replying, but I don't know what exactly I'm supposed to do with your links that I already haven't done on my own. None of that is an effective solution to the crashing.
    Verenos wrote: »

Hey thanks for replying, but I don't know what exactly I'm supposed to do with your links that I already haven't done on my own. None of that is an effective solution to the crashing.

Deleting CellsCache and CompiledOctreesCache does nothing for you?

Nope, it does nothing to resolve the problem.
    edited January 2017

And you are deleting those folders from your Subnautica\SNAppData\SavedGames\slot00xx folder, not the other folder they are in, right? There's another location in Build18 or something but it won't help your save to delete those ones.

If it was deleted from slot00xx, then if you don't have an SSD or can't move Subnautica to it due to lack of space (Advanced button in Disk Cleanup is your friend) you could try defragmenting your normal hard disk if Subnautica is on a traditional hard drive in your system (don't defrag an SSD, ever).

And you are deleting those folders from your Subnautica\SNAppData\SavedGames\slot00xx folder, not the other folder they are in, right? There's another location in Build18 or something but it won't help your save to delete those ones.

If it was deleted from slot00xx, then if you don't have an SSD or can't move Subnautica to it due to lack of space (Advanced button in Disk Cleanup is your friend) you could try defragmenting your normal hard disk if Subnautica is on a traditional hard drive in your system (don't defrag an SSD, ever).

Yes, there's only a single directory for Subnautica. It's located under the SteamApps folder. I had assumed the slow delay on loading the terrain was partly due to the hard drive I originally had the game installed on. So I had moved the installation over to my SSD. I didn't notice that much of a difference afterwards. There's still tons of glitches and stutters. I minimally try deleting the cache files unless I really feel like I should in order to reduce wear on the SSD.

Hey thanks by the way for trying to help.
    There's two cache directories though. One is under something like SNUnmanaaged\Build18 and the other is in \SNAppData\SavedGames\slot{yourgamenumber}

You want to remove the SavedGames one.

Other than that, there's an update due out tomorrow (24th) so hopefully it fixes your issue at least somewhat.