How in the world do you explore the ALZ?

Xxcookid123xXXxcookid123xX USA Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224587Members
I'm currently in the ILZ in my prawn suit with MK3 attached. I was about ready to explore, but 70% of the ILZ rocks burn my PRAWN. How in the world do I get down there without killing my prawn?

Comments

• FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Try the Cyclops. Deep and far exploration are kinda its thing.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    1) Get a heat resistant suit for yourself
    2) Avoid stepping on the lava
    3) If you can't avoid stepping on the lava, use jump jet modules to jump over it
    4) Fine, the easy way is to use a grappling arm to just hang from the walls...
  • Xxcookid123xXXxcookid123xX USA Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224587Members
    Avimimus wrote: »
    1) Get a heat resistant suit for yourself
    2) Avoid stepping on the lava
    3) If you can't avoid stepping on the lava, use jump jet modules to jump over it
    4) Fine, the easy way is to use a grappling arm to just hang from the walls...

1. I have reinforced dive suit.
    2. Doesn't really matter if I do or not, most rocks burn my prawn as I said in the original post.
    3. The thrust will run out.
    4. Grappling the wall would be a GREAT idea, if the side of the walls didn't burn me also.
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    The cave's ceiling shouldn't burn you. Try grappling that.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    The devs haven't implemented an environmental heat reduction function. So the engine renders heat only based on distance to the heat source and ignores the player being inside a base, cyclops, seamoth or prawn. If the devs would add heat reduction for being inside those environments it would be far more realistic. A standart reduction wouldn't cost the devs much to implement and could be expanded by special air condition / heat absorption machines. The smallest implementation would be lowering the temperature by 20 degrees inside a vehicle or base.

That's far better than the reinforced diving suit allowing you to go unharmed through a heat of 70. Which is the solution for the OP.

It's also quite stupid to assume that down in the hottest lava zone (sea of lava) you can swim there with the reinforced diving suit, but the Prawn won't shield you. WTF? The only thing that should heat protect you there is the Prawn or the Cyclops.

A suggestion for the devs:

Make the lava sea hotter and even above 90°.
    Then use a heat reduction of 20-50° inside vehicles or bases.
    zetachron wrote: »
    The devs haven't implemented an environmental heat reduction function. So the engine renders heat only based on distance to the heat source and ignores the player being inside a base, cyclops, seamoth or prawn. If the devs would add heat reduction for being inside those environments it would be far more realistic. A standart reduction wouldn't cost the devs much to implement and could be expanded by special air condition / heat absorption machines. The smallest implementation would be lowering the temperature by 20 degrees inside a vehicle or base.

That's far better than the reinforced diving suit allowing you to go unharmed through a heat of 70. Which is the solution for the OP.

It's also quite stupid to assume that down in the hottest lava zone (sea of lava) you can swim there with the reinforced diving suit, but the Prawn won't shield you. WTF? The only thing that should heat protect you there is the Prawn or the Cyclops.

I already made a reinforced dive suit because I got rid of the radiation. But i'm not swimming to the ALZ without something like a cyclops.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members

I already made a reinforced dive suit because I got rid of the radiation. But i'm not swimming to the ALZ without something like a cyclops.

If you only fear the creatures of the ALZ, as a veteran I can tell you that the Prawn equipped with pressure mk3, hull plating, jump jets, drill arm and grappling hook, together with your diving set: rebreather, ultraglidefins, plasteel tank, reinforced diving suit and a few tools, will be enough to survive there IF you move fast and avoid getting too close to warpers for a bit too long.

If you only fear the creatures of the ALZ, as a veteran I can tell you that the Prawn equipped with pressure mk3, hull plating, jump jets, drill arm and grappling hook, together with your diving set: rebreather, ultraglidefins, plasteel tank, reinforced diving suit and a few tools, will be enough to survive there IF you move fast and avoid getting too close to warpers for a bit too long.

I don't care about the creatures. They are as harmful as me running into a fish and damaging my seamoth. It's the fact that I'm not going to grapple to the ceiling as transport, because that's just bait for the seadragon. All the land in the ALZ and most in the ILZ burn the prawn. Currently my save is just me inside my prawn on a piece of ground in the ILZ that isn't burning it.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I have just come back from the ILZ and my PRAWN was not damaged at all down there. I have the hull plating, pressure mk3, drill arm, torpedo arm and jump jets. I wear rebreather, ultraglider fins, 2x plastel tanks. Those little lava larvae drain my PRAWN energy when they latch on, but all i do is look for those ILZ creatures that look a bit like the bone sharks, and they eat the lava larva right off my PRAWN.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    It seems that "very carefully" is the most appropriate answer.
    B)