Access to Inactive Lava Zone

mogmog UK Join Date: 2016-09-26 Member: 222614Members
Hi,

I read on a wiki page that access to the Inactive Lava Zone is available from the Crash Zone; but, having gone all around the perimeter of the Crash Zone and investigated some spots closer to the Aurora, I've so far not been able to find it. If anyone has some tips for how to find the Inactive Lava Zone please, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    @mog Dive down at the front of the ship into the big hole there, while dodging the reapers that tend to patrol there.
  • dexter397dexter397 U.S.A. Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218486Members
    edited September 2016
    And careful when down there cause it is very dark down there till you find the active zone
  • KisuKisu Germany Join Date: 2016-08-08 Member: 221099Members
    It's not the only way to the ILZ - one is at the front of the Aurora in a deep hole (care for the patrolling reapers!), another one is in the deep grand reef, one in the Lost River and the last one (I think?) is in the dunes near that very big crater (caution there are 2 reapers nearby).
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Wouldn't surprise me if they closed the entrance at the Aurora towards the end of development as too easy to access. It kinda strikes me as a convenience for testing purposes.
  • mogmog UK Join Date: 2016-09-26 Member: 222614Members
    I found the entrance, thanks all!

You weren't wrong, the cave is insanely dark and it's incredibly difficult to maneuver. I think I got to about 600m and seem to reach a dead end :( I decided to return to base and try again after picking up even more food & water.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    I personally found the inactive lava zone more terrifying when it was darker.

Btw. There is also a really easy to find enterence from lost-river (IMHO, the enterence should be moved *under* the brine in order to make it a bit harder to find)