Beacon Channels

kajisorakajisora Join Date: 2016-09-27 Member: 222646Members
Hey guys,

So I have a suggestion:
We've all been there, Subnautica is an exploration games, so you start crafting beacons to mark explored wrecks, biomes, bases etc.
And then your entire HUD is filled with beacons, everywhere, all the time, so finding sayy, your main base in that 20+ mess of beacon signals becomes a hassle.

That in mind, I think the game would really benefit if we could somehow enter our beacons into categories, then choose which to display on the fly.

I was thinking this could be an expansion to the scanner room which gives you a list of your active beacons, with a number of different channels (possibly with editable names and colors) which you can sort them into.
Then you can have a hotkey to cycle your suit receiver from 0 (all channels) through each channel you've added beacons to.
That way you can mark locations to your heart's desire without turning your HUD into a pulsing mess of text ;)

Comments

• ArtoriusArtorius Indiana USA Join Date: 2016-09-02 Member: 221998Members
    This is very true. It is also another reason I want a basic map. Even just a blank blue grid with points placed by the player. You pull up the map and select a point or beacon and that ONE thing is shown.
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    So, what if your scanner room had an upgrade for six or eight signal slots, then you could only view the ones you want, by putting on your scanner HUD, or maybe a specialized HUD for that, and filter out the things you want to see. It would also be nice if beacons came with these too.
  • InkOnTubeInkOnTube Serbia Join Date: 2016-09-27 Member: 222641Members
    I would add to that distance indicator for displayed beacons - as we have for certain signals.
  • FrigidmanFrigidman USA Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222587Members
    Would be a nice addition. That and the distance m under the name (toggleable).

I have a beacon that is somehow 'under the ground' now, and it is forever stuck in my field of view in a direction. Kind of annoying ;)
  • badgerfrothbadgerfroth Darlington UK Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215599Members
    An function of the scanner room that lists the beacons and allows you to activate/deactivate individually would help.
  • FrigidmanFrigidman USA Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222587Members
    Last night, was pondering why are 'data signals' taking up inventory space in a locker. And why do I have to equip these.... why are these 'signals' and beacons not part of a tab in my PDA that lets me toggle them on and off.

Although I like the idea of them being uploaded and part of the scanner room better. But still, signals you receive should be stored in the datapad, not in an inventory slot (they didn't magically materialize as an object over the radio waves!).
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    Yeah isn't it just information? I understand that 'having a signal' as a physical item is a good way to give a player something, but It should be just information triangulated between the Aurora, your base, and you.