Please put [spoilers] in your discussion titles

CaptagearCaptagear Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221804Members
Community,

If you find anything in the experimental, trello boards, etc that spoils the game's story or new content (not currently in the game) please put the spoiler tag in the discussion title. This is just for those people who don't want to accidentally stumble across surprises :)

Cheers Capta :)

Comments

• cy4ncy4n The Kingdom of Reginald Join Date: 2016-09-14 Member: 222316Members
    Yes! I have already learned a lot of the story just by trying to research the Exosuit on the wiki.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    @Devs Could this thread have a floater attached please? This is an important point that more people need to know about, especially the new ones.
  • CaptagearCaptagear Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221804Members
    @Devs Could this thread have a floater attached please? This is an important point that more people need to know about, especially the new ones.
    This would be very much appreciated if it happened :)

• HerugrimHerugrim The Poconos Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221402Members
    I can understand story but you don't want people to mention gameplay in topic titles? Going to make it kind of hard to tell what's in the topic then, isn't it? When they make a change in experimental that I'm not going to like, such as making us wait a few minutes for items to craft, gating the Aurora behind the propulsion canon, or uranite crystals causing radiation damage, I'd like it to be easy to find. Not a title like "Watch out" or "Maybe not"
  • CaptagearCaptagear Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221804Members
    edited September 2016
    Herugrim wrote: »
    I can understand story but you don't want people to mention gameplay in topic titles? Going to make it kind of hard to tell what's in the topic then, isn't it? When they make a change in experimental that I'm not going to like, such as making us wait a few minutes for items to craft, gating the Aurora behind the propulsion canon, or uranite crystals causing radiation damage, I'd like it to be easy to find. Not a title like "Watch out" or "Maybe not"
    @Herugrim, sorry but I think you misunderstand my point. Regarding story you seem to be with me, so i'll use new content for example :)

You log onto the experimental to find a wicked new creature that is swimming around the dunes. In your excitement you screenshot the creature, save the game and hit the forums. You then create a discussion called "What the hell is this!?" <- I've seen this many times.

The unsuspecting browser (who doesn't want to spoil their game) sees this. They think "Well what is it?" and click the link. Suddenly a large PNG of an amazing creature appears and bam its spoiled for that person! So I'm asking that if you want to use these catchy titles, please name it like this "What the hell is this!? [spoilers]", or better yet, "New Dunes creature!" In both those titles the browser is aware enough of what they are clicking into.

As for gameplay mechanics, just be a bit aware of naming but majority of the time it isn't really a problem. Just use your common sense on what may be considered a spoiler and maybe if you arn't sure just stick a spoiler tag in the name. So it would still be "Uranite crystals & radiation damage", but with a little [spoilers] slapped on the end of it :)

Apologies if this is hard to follow, I've been up many hours now :/

- Cheers Capta :)
  • bwc153bwc153 Shawnee, KS, US Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213659Members
    I agree, people should post SPOILER tags if they're talking about new biomes/creatures/story elements.
    Captagear wrote: »
    You log onto the experimental to find a wicked new creature that is swimming around the dunes. In your excitement you screenshot the creature, save the game and hit the forums. You then create a discussion called "What the hell is this!?" <- I've seen this many times.
    That's another problem within itself - there are dozens upon dozens of threads with titles that don't give you any idea about what the topic of the thread is about until you actually navigate into the thread. UWE should get more moderators.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    bwc153 wrote: »
    I agree, people should post SPOILER tags if they're talking about new biomes/creatures/story elements.
    That's another problem within itself - there are dozens upon dozens of threads with titles that don't give you any idea about what the topic of the thread is about until you actually navigate into the thread. UWE should get more moderators.

And another problem is when people go and spill a large number of spoilery content (Generally story related or "Not yet implemented" trello related things) in standard forum posts. The Sppoiler Tag feature is there for a reason, but they don't use it.

Myself I've given up on trying to keep myself from being spoiled. I tried to keep the game uninstalled and refrain from visiting the forums, but the urge to know was just too great for me to resist. That being said, anything that I might remotely consider a spoiler
    will be placed in a one of these :)
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    Rezca wrote: »

And another problem is when people go and spill a large number of spoilery content (Generally story related or "Not yet implemented" trello related things) in standard forum posts. The Sppoiler Tag feature is there for a reason, but they don't use it.

Myself I've given up on trying to keep myself from being spoiled. I tried to keep the game uninstalled and refrain from visiting the forums, but the urge to know was just too great for me to resist. That being said, anything that I might remotely consider a spoiler

Well, its good to have you back man :smiley:
    Rezca wrote: »

Well, its good to have you back man :smiley:

Aww thanks :>
    It's good to be back too, one of the nicer game forums to hang out on ^^
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    How do you put spoilers?
    How do you put spoilers?

When posting, there's the (Bold) (Italics) (Strikethrough) (List) (Bullets) (Style/Paragraph) (Emoticons) options and so on. Click the one right before the Emoticons and it'll open a dropdown menu.
    Then just click Spoiler - it's the third one down :)
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members