The End

HeryasHeryas Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221899Members
edited August 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
Ok, this is another post for a possible "goal" for this awesome "sandbox" game.. BUT if ...

Like Minecraft and Ender Dragon, we have the possibility to "finish" this game ? :o

Examples :
- Take the Aurora on another planet
- Full repair Aurora for unlock new mods/gameplay
- Build a hudge beacon and wait rescue (unlock multiplayer after that maybe ? or communicate with a new life form on the planet !)
- Kill a king-brain-master creature on this deep water, hum .. or a big big fish

This is not a real end, but i don't know, that would add new exciting feature ?

Comments

• SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    eh, you have the sea dragon leviathan, and thats the final enemy to confront down in the depths, though the question on the emperor is still a mystery.
  • SynchSynch Join Date: 2016-08-29 Member: 221862Members
    I doubt anyone could make the Aurora spaceworthy again, least of all a lone survivor. Taking it out into space or to other worlds would be way outside the scope of the game. Maybe as a sequel? I wouldn't mind seeing more games set in Subnautica's universe - the few nuggets of backstory hint at what could be a fun franchise.

But I do hope the story gets a proper conclusion. I've seen a few hints here and there that suggest there are plans for that.
  • Claire_CosmiqueClaire_Cosmique France Join Date: 2016-06-10 Member: 218361Members
    for proper narration, I would see a game based on the idea of rebuilding, create civilization with survivors.

here's the patterns that it was following in my head, subnautica main narrative end game:

- Normally survive after the ship crash
    - Get the equipment to be fully independent
    - Create a map of the environment goshawks aurora
    - Make a wide base with what to do with a basic recovery of two NPCs that will give a quest
    - Fixed Aurora in small part, as a city.
    - Get quest vessels: save one by one the survivors to populate the aurora.
    - Study objective of the fauna and flora to help the aurora population live on the planet.
    - Quests various give the survivors.
    - Discover new civilizations to be alot more oceanic stay strictly in deep ocean 1000m.
    - Learn language and culture of civilizations
    - Negotiate to continue the repair of motor aurora and the ship's nose.
    - Obtain new technologies for aurora with au negociation and... "farm"
    - A final with the aurora success or failure of takeoff.
    - See extention on the planet with discovery of a new continent or to live the survivors?

What do you think?
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    The end?
    Follow the Degasi survoivors' path down to the Emperor. Cure yourself from whatever infection encompasses the planet. Then either find a way to disable the planetary defense, set up base and wait 2-3 years for the next ship to pick you up.

Alternatively, you cooperate with the Emperor, have the planet declared a quarantine no-fly zone and live in symbiotic harmony with the rest of the fishes as one of them.
  • HeryasHeryas Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221899Members
    for proper narration, I would see a game based on the idea of rebuilding, create civilization with survivors.

here's the patterns that it was following in my head, subnautica main narrative end game:

- Normally survive after the ship crash
    - Get the equipment to be fully independent
    - Create a map of the environment goshawks aurora
    - Make a wide base with what to do with a basic recovery of two NPCs that will give a quest
    - Fixed Aurora in small part, as a city.
    - Get quest vessels: save one by one the survivors to populate the aurora.
    - Study objective of the fauna and flora to help the aurora population live on the planet.
    - Quests various give the survivors.
    - Discover new civilizations to be alot more oceanic stay strictly in deep ocean 1000m.
    - Learn language and culture of civilizations
    - Negotiate to continue the repair of motor aurora and the ship's nose.
    - Obtain new technologies for aurora with au negociation and... "farm"
    - A final with the aurora success or failure of takeoff.
    - See extention on the planet with discovery of a new continent or to live the survivors?

What do you think?

Ok, need NOW !! <3
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    Have you ever seen Enemy Mine or Hell in The Pacific?

what?
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    Evidently not.

Hell in The Pacific is an old WWII movie about an American soldier and a Japanese soldier who are both stranded on a remote island in the Pacific. They fight their own little war against each other before becoming friends and working together to survive and get rescued.

Enemy Mine was the exact same thing but sci-fi, a human space-pilot crashes on a planet and finds an enemy alien also there, they fight, but become friends in order to survive.

What I'm saying is it would be awesome if we found, say, a live Precursor (or some other alien) who was also stranded. Then they hunted us, followed us, tried to kill us. But if you survive long enough you can start to work together. Maybe you can find his base and leave him gifts of friendship, and you find things like resources or protein blocks he's left outside your base.

Then you stop hunting each other and he can be a cool companion who hangs out with you and helps you to get off this damned wet rock.
  • HeryasHeryas Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221899Members

Enemy Mine, a f**** good movie..

Nice idea, to join forces for survive ;)
  • v497_vesperv497_vesper Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221558Members
    Please don't hate me for disagreeing with this post, I like the idea but from the posts that I have made and the ones that I have read, the rebuilding of the Aurora is infeasible, lets look at it's size and damage shall we? In the PDA The Aurora is described as a "Capitial Class Ship" correct? and looking at it really close up (Reaper Leviathons included) It is a massive ship with tonnes and tonnes of damage and debris especially after the Quantum Detonation of the drive core. if the devs were to do something like this it would:-
    > Take more power and resources
    > Be Very Memory heavy
    > Make it impossible to save our games on the cloud (As that seems to be their goal)
    > Take More and More time building and debugging the game and it would just increase the workload of the developers' already top heavy pile of things to do
    If we try to add more and more features to Subnautica, The game will not be released within the time set by the devs and they would end up having to pull double, Triple or even QUADROUPLE shifts to get the game released in the time they planned
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Well, they got NS2 out just fine. I think they know how to prioritize.

Why do so many people want to repair the Aurora? That thing is TOTALED. It's a construction ship intended to assemble a phasegate. (Whatever that is.) We no longer have the crew to man it, and I think the mission is a fail at this point, what with so much of the materials strewn across the seafloor.

What we need is a one-man shuttle, to get into space and either up to the ship that calls, or fly back to civilization.

Or procedural seafloor and a reason for poking around indefinitely. XD
  • JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    The Aurora can't go back into space, nor can it be repaired. It had a Dark Matter Drive Core, that core blew up. I feel like that would be hard for one dude to make again, since Dark Matter can't be too easy to extract. Building a huge beacon and waiting for rescue seems like a solid idea, but I think they're going to have you build a little rocket for you to go up and escape. Killing a creature won't be happening, the only real way to kill creatures in this game is to knife them several thousand times or Exo suit drill them to death (the latter being highly inefficient, and I might have heard somewhere they'll be removing the ability to do this but maybe not). There are the precursors but I don't think they'll be adding them as actual creatures, and I'm rambling again.
  • Simpson007Simpson007 Join Date: 2016-09-02 Member: 221996Members
    edited September 2016
    Nah, this is Space Robinson Crusoe, apparently. Meet Friday and fight Alien cannibal will be the end game, then eventually some ships come around to rescue you, after that, they can make a whole new game, -- 'submaritim'
  • Canek2317dCanek2317d Russia Join Date: 2016-06-17 Member: 218696Members
    I would fully repaired Aurora , but before that you need to enter the tower (like oil ) which will produce titanium silver, gold , etc .. and repair of combat flying and ground for him , the droid that will fix Aurora . this is the coolest script then the war with the local population , and so on ... you can in this direction to move or fly to another planet .. For example, on that which we have in the game instead of the moon
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited September 2016
    No no, what should happen is: you survive on the planet, stay alive until you can eventually leave the planet on the Sunbeam. You win! But wait, as the ship leaves orbit, the Precursors hit the ship with their wave motion cannon and it crashes down on the opposite side of the planet... New Game+ mode anyone? :wink:
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    I thought the end was you hook up with the chick with tentacles for legs, swear allegiance to Dagon and live happily ever after in the depths of the ancient temple?
    DagothUr wrote: »
    I thought the end was you hook up with the chick with tentacles for legs, swear allegiance to Dagon and live happily ever after in the depths of the ancient temple?

It would be absolutely amazing if we discover that Alterra is actually the future incarnation of the Esoteric Order, and they're just trying to find other planets with Deep Ones.
    i swear this is a NS joke i dont understand.
    isnt versed in most HP lovecraft mythos
    what do you expect?
    When you said it, I kind of figured cuthulu. But I wasn't sure.
  • Claire_CosmiqueClaire_Cosmique France Join Date: 2016-06-10 Member: 218361Members
    If we can not repair the Aurora, into a city for potential NPCs? In order to do some quests .. the only survival is very boring if I did not make a goal as and measurement ... =/
    it would become a good basis for potential extensions.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    I swear, you people and your "repair the Aurora" fetish. A third of it is MISSING, it had a crew of 148. Of those, 85 were engineering, and 40 were support. And that was just to OPERATE it.

It makes absolutely no sense that a single low-ranking guy, "Non-Essential Systems Maintenance Chief Ryley" running around from the only good escape pod could single-handedly do a job that probably took several thousand people several years. At least in any meaningful time.

Also, I don't think UWE did anything with modeling anything but the player avatar and critters. Making NPCs is hard.
    it depends, I am a woman unemployed here, but I know many of my repaired electrical appliances, I can do the plumbing and DIY, and I know fend me to keep a vegetable garden ...
      I was back like that after you stop the reactors is put out the fire everywhere and recuperated from the surface to make me a base in Aurora, and its rubble.

The crash site would be a time to revisit a potential survivors. it's huge, it is visible from afar, and I can eventually use to bring others.

we have more devices, which obviously play with molecules. if there are plans or parts of talks, it is well done to restore a half-living ship.