New weapon idea

Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
So before anybody starts hating I want to note that it is a non lethal weapon fitting the games image. So my weapon idea is a multipurpose gun that would have different ammo types. The 4 ammo types are Acid, Bio Luminescence, Gas and Crash powder.
Acid-Harvest it from acid mushrooms, Combine Acid and Titanium to create an Acid Container. Load into weapon and spray it in front of you to deter and harm any predator. Damage is very low
Bio Luminescence-Quite possible this one isn't going to happen, Harvest it from any bio luminescent source and combine with Titanium to Create Bio "" Container. Launch from gun to distract predators.
Gas- Harvest from gasopod's, combine with Titanium to create gas container. Load and spray in front to deter predators. If you want to go into the cloud you have to wear a gas mask (see Gas post).
Crash Powder-Combine with Titanium and Copper wire (changeable) to create a crash grenade. Launch from weapon and allow it to track down a predator/s and explode, dealing damage but not killing.
Please tell me what you think!

Comments

• Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    Ummmm.......... I guess this topic is sooo over milked that nobody even bothers to give it a glance. Understandable, but really sad.
  • CaptagearCaptagear Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221804Members
    I read it just now :)

I do like your idea, but the acid and gas ideas seem to overlap too much and I am unsure of the crash idea. I do however like the distract feature and the jist of both the gas/acid rolled into one! :)
  • gunmetal563gunmetal563 Join Date: 2015-09-30 Member: 208239Members
    I found these on sketchfab

<div class="sketchfab-embed-wrapper"><iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://sketchfab.com/models/8a824b31ce8c4773922421b758fa7e5a/embed&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" onmousewheel=""></iframe>

<p style="font-size: 13px; font-weight: normal; margin: 5px; color: #4A4A4A;">
    <a href="https://sketchfab.com/models/8a824b31ce8c4773922421b758fa7e5a?utm_medium=embed&utm_source=website&utm_campain=share-popup&quot; target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold; color: #1CAAD9;">Railgun</a>
    by <a href="https://sketchfab.com/fox3d?utm_medium=embed&utm_source=website&utm_campain=share-popup&quot; target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold; color: #1CAAD9;">Fox3D</a>
    on <a href="https://sketchfab.com?utm_medium=embed&utm_source=website&utm_campain=share-popup&quot; target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold; color: #1CAAD9;">Sketchfab</a>
    </p>
    </div>

<div class="sketchfab-embed-wrapper"><iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://sketchfab.com/models/34ea02941df24dee8fc394c4317b8744/embed&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" onmousewheel=""></iframe>

<p style="font-size: 13px; font-weight: normal; margin: 5px; color: #4A4A4A;">
    <a href="https://sketchfab.com/models/34ea02941df24dee8fc394c4317b8744?utm_medium=embed&utm_source=website&utm_campain=share-popup&quot; target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold; color: #1CAAD9;">Proximity Mine</a>
    by <a href="https://sketchfab.com/fox3d?utm_medium=embed&utm_source=website&utm_campain=share-popup&quot; target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold; color: #1CAAD9;">Fox3D</a>
    on <a href="https://sketchfab.com?utm_medium=embed&utm_source=website&utm_campain=share-popup&quot; target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold; color: #1CAAD9;">Sketchfab</a>
    </p>
    </div>
  • gunmetal563gunmetal563 Join Date: 2015-09-30 Member: 208239Members
    not sure if their meant for subnautica or another came tho
  • ArtoriusArtorius Indiana USA Join Date: 2016-09-02 Member: 221998Members
    For the crash powder grenade, it could be that it only stuns and scares predators but doesn't actually hurt them.

The gasopod bomb could be used to create a defensive wall. And swim away.

The acid could be an electric stun effect for hunting small fish or zapping those blasted leach-monsters.

Bio-lume could be for lighting up areas before swimming into them. Shoot 20 meters or hits something and pops like a firework and acts as a 5 minute flare to light up an area. Or can be used to distract more dangerous creatures.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    @gunmetal563, those are models for UWE's upcomming game Future Perfect. It looks really cool and I'm glad you found those models because I have been looking for them for days.
  • WarmindWarmind Connecticut Join Date: 2016-04-13 Member: 215710Members
    So before anybody starts hating I want to note that it is a non lethal weapon fitting the games image. So my weapon idea is a multipurpose gun that would have different ammo types. The 4 ammo types are Acid, Bio Luminescence, Gas and Crash powder.
    Acid-Harvest it from acid mushrooms, Combine Acid and Titanium to create an Acid Container. Load into weapon and spray it in front of you to deter and harm any predator. Damage is very low
    Bio Luminescence-Quite possible this one isn't going to happen, Harvest it from any bio luminescent source and combine with Titanium to Create Bio "" Container. Launch from gun to distract predators.
    Gas- Harvest from gasopod's, combine with Titanium to create gas container. Load and spray in front to deter predators. If you want to go into the cloud you have to wear a gas mask (see Gas post).
    Crash Powder-Combine with Titanium and Copper wire (changeable) to create a crash grenade. Launch from weapon and allow it to track down a predator/s and explode, dealing damage but not killing.
    Please tell me what you think!

Nice Notion Nautical_Nick, Nevertheless, no reason it shouldn't be nuff to put in the game. (I was going for an N theme but it didn't really work...)
  • ScrabquidScrabquid Germany Join Date: 2016-09-05 Member: 222092Members
    Made a similar topic a couple days back.
    Nice ideas so far. I really like the Bioluminescence flare/flashbag idea, wether to scare/blind predators or to illuminate dark places. Like the magelight spell from elder srolls :)

But aye, seems that threads, under the topic of armament do suffer from the... let's call it "reaper effect" :) as soon as you see it you throw your seamoth 180°, swearing, cursing and praying all the way xD but it's understandable considering the amount of threads suggesting/demanding lethal weaponry.

So, I like it more to only have a few responses stating "Cool ideas friend." Than an angry mob armed with knives and lightsticks, determined to feed me and my thread to the next Ampeel xD
    Scrabquid wrote: »
    Made a similar topic a couple days back.
    Nice ideas so far. I really like the Bioluminescence flare/flashbag idea, wether to scare/blind predators or to illuminate dark places. Like the magelight spell from elder srolls :)

But aye, seems that threads, under the topic of armament do suffer from the... let's call it "reaper effect" :) as soon as you see it you throw your seamoth 180°, swearing, cursing and praying all the way xD but it's understandable considering the amount of threads suggesting/demanding lethal weaponry.

So, I like it more to only have a few responses stating "Cool ideas friend." Than an angry mob armed with knives and lightsticks, determined to feed me and my thread to the next Ampeel xD

Loved this entire comment xD

• ArtoriusArtorius Indiana USA Join Date: 2016-09-02 Member: 221998Members
    Honestly, as I guy who enjoys blowing things up and shooting in games and in real life, I LOVE the fact that some monsters cannot be messed with. Reapers are terrifying. I LIKE having terrifying monsters. I also like the idea of passive weapons and non lethal stuff in Subnautica.

I hope they support mods tho.
    edited September 2016
    I think a multipurpose gun that worked like this would be much more fitting to the games feel and play illy. I'll dub it "The propeller" (terrible name but you get the simplicity)
    1. Floater Mode: Uses floaters in inventory and power. Propels floaters which stick to the surface they hit. Can be used as a tool to clear boulders etc. Can also be used technically to float fish haha! :)
    2. Gaspod Mode: Uses gaspods in inventory and power. Propels gaspods which suprise! Act like gaspods, cashing AI to retreat unless they are gaspods, leviathans or other creatures which don't make sense. Temporarily damages target (as they do the player). Friendly fire on.
    3. Bioball Mode: Uses Bioballs in inventory and power. Propels Bioluminescent balls. Can be used to light areas. Attracts some creatures, while scaring off others (deep dwellers typically).
    Note the consistency? It does what the player expects it to do and it abides by the corporations strict no weapons rule stated in the law. It is more of tool than a weapon, however it acts to serve a similar purpose. :)
    edited September 2016
    @Scrabquid, I know you made a similar thread. I READ IT! This thread was the one I mentioned in my comment.
    Edit: @Captagear, you can launch floaters with the Propulsion/Repulsion canon. About the gasopods I think you can fire those too. But no Bio-Luminescence yet.
    edited September 2016
    @Nautical_Nick My face when I never thought about doing that :O

Haha but y get simplicity I was going for yeah?
    Yeah! Of course I did.
  • ScrabquidScrabquid Germany Join Date: 2016-09-05 Member: 222092Members
    @Nautical_Nick tbh I only noticed that you too commented on my thread after I posted my own here :)

Yes, you can fire floaters,acid shrooms and gas pods with the propulsion gun.
    With shrooms and pods straight from the inventory,floaters I dunno. From this point of view we're allready able to do what we all suggested recently and the propulsion gun is a great, incredibly versatile jack of all trades, like gravitygun kind of weapons in every other game that have them (half life 2 and red faction armageddon come to my mind here) but it's not the same as pulling out a dedicated device to do things xD
    @Scrabquid, yes you can fire floaters out of your inventory. And as you did say, we pretty much already have the weapon we are asking for!