Lava lizards are awesome!

MarioblockMarioblock United States Join Date: 2016-04-14 Member: 215744Members
So i was looking around in the lava zone biome and thought i should spawn some lava lizards and some lava larva inside the castle. When i spawned them inside the castle, the first thing i eyed was that they where fully programmed to be inside the biome and the castle, and then i also saw that the lava lizards didn't have their chard backs like they used to have. A few moments later and the lava lizards dove into the lava, i thought they where acting like sand sharks for a moment, but when they got up they had their usual chard and lava like backs. I really thought this was cool and also a nice addition that the devs put in to flesh out the lava biome and make it lively. I don't know how long this has been in the game for, but it was a sight to see.

Here is a Youtube video that explains it a little better

also, a picture of a lava lizard if you did not knowctvvfgnq8hvf.jpg

Fun Fact: The lava lizard was to be the original stalker, (without the back) but they replaced him with the one we know now.
2lfdmmgq3nk4.jpg

Comments

• EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    Oh wow that's a beautiful creature. Perhaps the most realistic looking bigger fish in the game.
    I much prefer it in the shallows without the charred back though.

It would have been a much more badass looking stalker if you ask me. Look at those dead eyes.
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    Can we eat it, in game? (Now before the vegetarians go nuts on me, I'm just asking because it looks like its already half barbecued in the first picture, and BBQ is sorely missing on this planet.)
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    scubamatt wrote: »
    Can we eat it, in game? (Now before the vegetarians go nuts on me, I'm just asking because it looks like its already half barbecued in the first picture, and BBQ is sorely missing on this planet.)

Looks more burnt than barbecued. But hey, if you want to eat a lizard covered in rocks, be my guest. :smiley:
  • MarioblockMarioblock United States Join Date: 2016-04-14 Member: 215744Members
    I just found out today that you can hit the lava lizard and it's shell breaks off if you hit it enough times!
  • MarioblockMarioblock United States Join Date: 2016-04-14 Member: 215744Members

If you want to eat a half burnt adult underwater alien that wants to kill you, I say go for it man. B)
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    edited July 2016
    Marioblock wrote: »

If you want to eat a half burnt adult underwater alien that wants to kill you, I say go for it man. B)

Everything on this planet wants to kill me. Some are just subtle about it (I'm looking at you, Peeper.)

Besides, he looks like a burnt marshmallow. All crunchy carbon on the outside and gooey sweet on the inside. :)
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    Can we hatch it? More little baby fishies! More research!
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members

Everything on this planet wants to kill me. Some are just subtle about it (I'm looking at you, Peeper.)

Besides, he looks like a burnt marshmallow. All crunchy carbon on the outside and gooey sweet on the inside. :)

I take it you've met the evil Peeper Emporer?

In all seriousness though, I'm not sure I'd want to eat the Lava Lizard. I mean... I do like spicy food, but I think Lava Lizard flesh is several times hotter than the Carolina Reaper...
    Lonnehart wrote: »

I take it you've met the evil Peeper Emporer?

In all seriousness though, I'm not sure I'd want to eat the Lava Lizard. I mean... I do like spicy food, but I think Lava Lizard flesh is several times hotter than the Carolina Reaper...

What about the Stalker Steak, yum! :D
  • SiegeSiege Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219769Members

Or not so subtle.

My base started falling apart the other day and I was scrambling around to fix it and wondering what the heck was going on. I'd weld a piece and two more leaks would spring up. I'd get it running and the power would go out immediately. I couldn't figure it out....and then I saw him. A Peeper had gotten ahold of a floater that I uh, may have misplaced. Little jerk did quite a bit of damage. Yeah, they both went into the bioreactor.
    Siege wrote: »

Or not so subtle.

My base started falling apart the other day and I was scrambling around to fix it and wondering what the heck was going on. I'd weld a piece and two more leaks would spring up. I'd get it running and the power would go out immediately. I couldn't figure it out....and then I saw him. A Peeper had gotten ahold of a floater that I uh, may have misplaced. Little jerk did quite a bit of damage. Yeah, they both went into the bioreactor.

Peepers will be the death of us if we don't do something about it.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members

Peeper... always watching.... aaaalways watching....
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    edited August 2016
    Sidchicken wrote: »

They're watching too much. No matter they end up becoming Seamoth kill (I hit so many of them sometimes)... It'd be really funny if they managed to take down a Lava Lizard.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Sidchicken wrote: »

Don't forget its Black-Ops cousin the Oculus, and their supposedly "Dumb" sleeper agents, Eyeye and Lava Eyeye.