A Few Ideas...

UncertainhavocUncertainhavoc Boulder Join Date: 2016-07-24 Member: 220630Members
I've been playing Subnautica for quite some time and I enjoy it immensely. The development team of Subnautica is dedicated and they listen to their fans. Their ideas are amazing and I have no doubt they have already considered at least some, if not all, of these ideas, but I wanted to at least try and contribute!

1. An easier way to build above the water.
-When I'm trying to build my base, it's always been fun to slowly work my way up, extending it above the surface! However, doing so can be pretty challenging. The easiest way I've found is to use the terraformer to make a platform straight up so I can place structures on top of others when above the water. Maybe something a little more user friendly? Or not, the challenge is quite fun.
2. Surface vessel
-Some kind of vessel that can be made to cruise the waters surface would be nice. It would definitely be cheaper an easier to make than the Seamoth, but obviously be unable to submerge. It's something pretty plain that probably doesn't have a ton of use currently, but I can think of a few uses (such as not being completely terrified when trying to retrieve a Seamoth deep underwater after dying far away from base, etc.
3. A dock
-Some form of docking platform, similar to the Moon Pool, but it ties in with the surface vessel.
4. Depth Charges
-A small underwater explosive than can be used in place of the terraformer with varying effects. Maybe even yield some minerals when used?
5. Natural Disasters
-Granted this is an Alien World and therefore gravity, climate, wind, etc. are all different. But wouldn't it be interesting to have deep sea earthquakes, or have one of the magma chambers erupt? Maybe even a hurricane!
6. Some sort of friendly sea creature?
-With the Sea Emperor in the works, it got me thinking of other creatures that could be added. What if there were something like a small herd of Dolphin based creatures that roamed the seas? They could be like the antithesis to Stalkers, sort of like how Dolphins sometimes fight Sharks. This would probably be annoying to make, but I like the idea, personally!
7. Underwater Trains
-Something very endgame, but what if you had something that worked kind of like a monorail underwater? It could curve and move downwards, sort of like a pneumatic tube, allowing players to travel large distances from base to base without having to use their Submarines. This would consume a lot of power, but with the release of the Nuclear Reactor, I don't think that would be a problem! Something endgamey for players to spend all of their collected resources on.
8. Warehouse
-Some sort of special storage area, where it automatically organizes all items placed inside and allows you to withdraw from it using a central control panel.

That's all the ideas I can think of for now! I'm sure some of these ideas have already been considered, and a few of them are flights of fancy that don't really need to be added any time soon, but I thought I could suggest them anyways!

I'd love to hear feedback, in case people might have suggestions or information I'm missing!

Comments

• SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    crash powder + magnesium + salt is probably the recipe for explosives.
  • UncertainhavocUncertainhavoc Boulder Join Date: 2016-07-24 Member: 220630Members
    Oh good point! Some recipes would definitely help.

For the vessel, maybe a Power Cell, a Titanium Ingot, and an Air Bladder. Make a Dinghy of sorts.

For the dock, two Titanium Ingots, a Computer Chip, and an Advanced Wiring Kit

For the Train, maybe two titanium for X length of tube. For the starting and ending points, a two computer chips, two wiring kits, two magnatite, two diamonds, two titanium ingots, and four power cells (It's end game tech after all!)

For the Warehouse, Two Titanium Ingots, a Computer Chip, and 8 Quartz.

Sounds balanced to me, what do y'all think?
  • SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    what about Plasteel?
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    Anyone seen the movie "deep blue sea" titanium fences and just above water level concrete walk ways and underwater concrete structures so i suggest for a idea concrete outer portion structures as a alt and surface walkways you can make the fences be cool to but not sure how they would do it
  • DumaDuma Oklahoma Join Date: 2016-02-02 Member: 212475Members
    Sigmalx wrote: »
    what about Plasteel?

Yes plasteel ingots for the rails.
    Yargish89 wrote: »
    Anyone seen the movie "deep blue sea" titanium fences and just above water level concrete walk ways and underwater concrete structures so i suggest for a idea concrete outer portion structures as a alt and surface walkways you can make the fences be cool to but not sure how they would do it

Sand coral lime from the limestone. Some variation thereof. Titanium rebar.
  • AgentMaryland93AgentMaryland93 Pittston, Pa Join Date: 2016-05-03 Member: 216323Members
    It'd be nice if you could build like a cage around your base to A) keep predators from clipping through all the time/destroying your base because they followed you and know you're in the structure and B) keep you from being ambushed straight out of the base door.
  • HassassinHassassin Czech Republic Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218554Members
    I really like the ideas being thrown around. However I dont think there is a need for a warehouse, I think ordering stuff in your base is a part that some may hate doing but other may not. I personally prefer to do stuff myself. As well as deciding what room will be for what. I would instead like to see a little more difference in room design like making a long and high structure that would be designed for planting stuff. This may cause the planting growbeds to be usless but I would prefer that to the growbeds (or keep both).

On the warehouse matter, instead I´d like to see the stuff that I place into the container. I am talking about the tall glass container. I would like to see the stuff being there instead of opening it all the time to remember what I placed where..:-D
    edited August 2016
    Duma not sure where your going with that either then possible titanium rods for concrete structure could you expand please id like to know more of if your talking bad or good here and just so everyone knows limestone is where you make concrete from that stone itself
  • TerrazinTerrazin Germany Join Date: 2016-03-01 Member: 213688Members
    edited August 2016
    -Snip-
    Nevermind, wrong thread >.<
    edited August 2016
    Yargish89 wrote: »
    Duma not sure where your going with that either then possible titanium rods for concrete structure could you expand please id like to know more of if your talking bad or good here and just so everyone knows limestone is where you make concrete from that stone

Titanuim rebar. Basically a titanium lattice encased in the concrete to strengthen it.

As for the sand coral, and limestone just throwing ideas out for a concrete recipe.

Nothing bad. Just expanding on your idea.
    edited August 2016
    O ok thanks for expanding ^^ and the real real recipe foe concrete in rL is lime stone boil for some time then remove water it will powderize this is from a site on masonery