Uninterrupted Power Supply for bases

WhiteFox77WhiteFox77 Minnesota Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217564Members
I imagine this basically as a power-cell charger that can work in reverse. If all other power sources in the base are completely drained then power is drained from the power-cells. When power is restored to the base the power-cells are charged back up.

Comments

• SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
  • WhiteFox77WhiteFox77 Minnesota Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217564Members
    Basically. Also a way of creating an over-night power reserve for solar cells.
  • Jim_Jim_ Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219811Members
    When I started playing, I was surprised that you can't build battery banks/power cell banks for the base. I figured it was how you increased power storage given how the life pod has the fixed power cells.
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    Would be cool if they implement something like that a kind of energy buffer which you could expand if you build more of them. That way you could store excess energy as soon as it comes in and keep it for times where you have a higher demand or no "energy income" like in the night when you only have solarcells.
  • SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    does anybody check the wiki *cough cough* there is supposed to be an in development building that acts as an external base battery in the case of an emergency, I don't feel like looking it up from the wiki, but its under the "In development" section.
  • WhiteFox77WhiteFox77 Minnesota Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217564Members
    "does anybody check the wiki " : No, reading the forum on the creators site is as far as I go in keeping up with the game rather than playing the game.

Also, if you look at my suggestion it's actually a bit different. I'm not suggesting a whole new room be created. Just make it so that if you have a power cell charger and the power of the building goes to 0 the charger reverses the flow and provides power to the building instead of the building providing power to the charger.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    The device @Sigmalx refers to is the Accumulator .That thing never made the cut for some unknown reasons so it never made it into the game .... well, so far. Theres nothin on it on the Trello Boards so the chances of seeing this ingame are slim to none imo.

• UncertainhavocUncertainhavoc Boulder Join Date: 2016-07-24 Member: 220630Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    The device @Sigmalx refers to is the Accumulator .That thing never made the cut for some unknown reasons so it never made it into the game .... well, so far. Theres nothin on it on the Trello Boards so the chances of seeing this ingame are slim to none imo.

Well not necessarily. You can spawn it in Developer Mode, so it's already IN the game. The Sea Emperor isn't on the Trello Boards either, but it's definitely going into the game. Most likely it'll be released in the August update along with the Power Suit.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members

Well not necessarily. You can spawn it in Developer Mode, so it's already IN the game. The Sea Emperor isn't on the Trello Boards either, but it's definitely going into the game. Most likely it'll be released in the August update along with the Power Suit.

It can be spawned in, but it looks like the reactors used to. I doubt it'll be released anytime soon, if at all.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members

uh ... dude the Sea Emperor is all over the Trello board :smiley:

Sea Emperor's behaviors
    Juvenile Emperors
    The sea dragon, based on the Emperor's reskin

This is just a few links taken from there. The game's whole story arc will revolve around this very being, in fact :smile:

I do understand what you mean tho, some stuff made it ingame without necessarily meaning it gets alot of attention on it on the Trello, but the fact that this Accumulator has been ''in-game'' for so long without being finished, nor referred to even remotely from the devs kinda makes us believe that it'll be on the cutting side rather than the go side.

Dont get me wrong, i think its a nice device that would surely be awesome to have in game. Hopefully im wrong and it'll make it in eventually :wink: