Suggestion for a new downed lifepod

Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
I've just come up with a really freaky idea.

Either one of the lifepods in-game could be moved, or a new one could be created, really close to the Aurora, right in the radioactive zone. There will still be survivors inside... but only before the explosion. It being in the radioactive zone means that you can only reach it after the explosion and after you build a radioactive suit (it also means that they're equipped with suits themselves before the explosion). And once you do reach it, all the crew there are already dead.

Just to add to the drama, straight after the explosion, you get a message on the communications relay. It's someone screaming for help until the message is cut short by the explosion.

What do you think?

Comments

• awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    I would like that... but please no dead bodies! (because of parents) I don't want to freak out (or have to delete this game)
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    @awesomeguy101 Sure, but we need an explanation as to why they're not there. Maybe they were desintegrated by the explosion or something.
  • PlasmaticPlasmatic Join Date: 2009-02-16 Member: 66439Members
    @awesomeguy101 sorry dude, we can't let your temporary life inconvenience hamper the development of a game for the rest of us.
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    Plasmatic wrote: »
    @awesomeguy101 sorry dude, we can't let your temporary life inconvenience hamper the development of a game for the rest of us.
    LoL on the temporary life inconvenience. However I also don't want to see dead bodies in this game. I have Fallout 4 for that. I do like the idea though. It would add some drama to the ship wrecking and the initial scary and confusing situation. Just no bodies when get there. Evidence of the fact that they were there, like some burnt soggy clothing or something would be better.

• Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    So... Would you get the message after the explosion or before it? What happens if you make it there before the explosion? Are they alive? Are they dead for some reason? Please answer the questions but do mention me so I get notified.
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    @Nautical_Nick I would say right after. And if you get there before the explosion the life pod is not there. Whoever made it to the life pod before the crash did not have time to eject, the crash left them trapped in the pod, but then the explosion dislodges and expels the pod. After they call for help they realize that they have to leave the radiated area, but of course they don't make it. Maybe the player can find an abandoned PDA with a message saying something to the effect of "We are going to try to make it, probably won't, goodbye cruel and alien world"