Question about new "unidentified" creature [FALSE ALARM]

NeskahNeskah United States of America Join Date: 2015-05-15 Member: 204513Members
Hello all, I recently watched the Subnautica trailer on the Xbox channel and noticed a creature that I don't recall ever being mentioned. I saw this a few weeks ago and dismissed it as being strange lighting on a Boneshark, but now that I've looked at it more I'm really not sure what it is. You can see it here: (Skip to 1:06 if the link doesn't do it automatically.)

I'm not very active on the forums and I'm not sure if this has been talked about before OR if I'm a complete idiot and it's just a bone shark, but it looks much bigger and a usual one and its stomach is lighter colored, and its fins seem to be different. It also seems to have smaller creatures swimming along with it.

Please excuse me if this has been discussed or if I'm just flat out wrong, but it looks like something new to me.

Comments

• HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    A very polite post :)
    ^ Good to see one once in a while
    Sorry to break it to you, that's just your friendly (you can pet them*) Boneshark from a different angle :)

*We hold no responsibility for any lost limbs, injury or fatality that may* take place if you pet them.
    *Will
  • AlyexAlyex Somewhere Join Date: 2016-05-01 Member: 216238Members
    edited May 2016
    Judging by the biome (underwater islands) and it's tail fin (forked) it's a bone shark. It looks "brighter" because there is a lightstick placed near to it on the ground. http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/File:Koosh_Bush_(3).jpg for a comparison ;)
  • NeskahNeskah United States of America Join Date: 2015-05-15 Member: 204513Members
    edited May 2016
    Oh crap, I didn't see the light stick underneath it. Also I haven't really seen Bonesharks very much and I didn't realize their tails and fins looked like they do. I also didn't realize their underbelly was a lighter color than the rest of their body. Thanks guys!

For even further reference here's the 3D model of the Boneshark that I just went and looked at:
    https://sketchfab.com/models/7b33b3fd5a4745f7a41ef32012f3d4c1

(I also changed the name of the post)