Scanner Room

NomenNescioNomenNescio Denmark Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204116Members
So I just built the scanner room and I'm still trying to find out how it works, but so far as I can tell it only scans for resources in the vicinity of the room itself, which leaves me wondering; what's the point of the camera drones? Surely you should be able to take the drone out to an area and scan for resources using it, or perhaps an upgraded version of the drone? No?

Comments

• badgerfrothbadgerfroth Darlington UK Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215599Members
    The S/R does need some improvement.
    Automated seeking drones could help I suppose, but it's the lack of range that really gets me.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    I have nothing but love for the scanner room, but it is glitchy right now. Only two upgrade modules are available (one for range, one for speed) and both don't work. I can place windows (though there's no green outline showing I can) but I can't place reinforcements. And the resource list resets every time the game loads. Also have some doubt the tracking system currently works, because I've been led to places with nothing there (or maybe the resource was clipped under the terrain layer?).

So what I am trying to say is that there's still a lot of work to be done on the scanner room and I can imagine the drones receiving a fetch upgrade module or modification in the future. As is, the drones are a fun, safe, and fast way to scout an area and take notice of possible threats in advance. Or to enjoy the scenery in peace. It's not much, but it's also not all it'll ever be.