We need more subs

dudebrainsdudebrains washington Join Date: 2015-06-01 Member: 205141Members
For a game that is called subnautica, there are less submarines than I thought there would be. We need a fast sub.

Comments

• coldsnapcoldsnap Join Date: 2015-12-26 Member: 210395Members
    The seamoth is crazy fast as it is. IMO something faster would shrink the world too much.
  • AttumaAttuma Antarctic Join Date: 2016-04-20 Member: 216004Members
    Then make the world bigger.
    Also give us a puddle jumper.

insta.gif

Come on make it happen please. I have faith in you.

• That_Gaming_Guy1That_Gaming_Guy1 A Strange Water Planet Join Date: 2016-04-30 Member: 216198Members
    well they are adding the exosuit that kinda counts as a subterranean vehicle. Although i would like a sort of mobile base where you build a base but you could maybe add propellers or something to allow the base to be mobile and you can move it to different areas! that would be good for a lot of base designs but bad for mine as i built mine so you enter under the island, go through a few corridors and your at the top of the island.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Attuma wrote: »

• CaricaCarica US Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214970Members
    well they are adding the exosuit that kinda counts as a subterranean vehicle. Although i would like a sort of mobile base where you build a base but you could maybe add propellers or something to allow the base to be mobile and you can move it to different areas! that would be good for a lot of base designs but bad for mine as i built mine so you enter under the island, go through a few corridors and your at the top of the island.

you mean something like the Cyclops? they will be adding a docking bay soon....
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Attuma wrote: »
    Also give us a puddle jumper.

insta.gif

Come on make it happen please. I have faith in you.

And this puddle jumper could be called the Atlantis :D
  • Freeman79Freeman79 Sweden Join Date: 2015-09-22 Member: 208093Members
    edited May 2016
    The Devs seems to have some decent ideas when it come to subs, found these two pictures, they are only concept art, but still, some very beatiful creations.
    Not sure which looks the coolest, seems to be 2 completely different sizes on them aswell, but I like the one in the water best.(more of a shark look, suits these hostile waters) :smile:

8fZZnxb.jpg

AhWpemb.jpg

Freeman79 wrote: »
    The Devs seems to have some decent ideas when it come to subs, found these two pictures, they are only concept art, but still, some very beatiful creations.
    Not sure which looks the coolest, seems to be 2 completely different sizes on them aswell, but I like the one in the water best.(more of a shark look, suits these hostile waters) :smile:

8fZZnxb.jpg

AhWpemb.jpg

oooo I like them.... though the one in the water is much sleeker looking.... makes me think of an attack sub. the other looks more like a version of a home than a sub.
  • tickeratickera Australia Join Date: 2016-05-06 Member: 216399Members
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/142030/more-vehicles#latest

I made a thread on a few idea's, and the link that doesn't work is the second picture Freeman79 posted.
    a nuclear sub would be a good idea... power that last longer. revamp the cyclops's engine room into a nuclear reactor room. would be slightly faster and agile, longer range... still the same depth and upgrades for it as the cyclops has.

and a nuclear powered version of the seamoth... same upgrades as the regular seamoth (minus the solar recharger) but slightly faster, more agile...

a hybrid of the seamoth and exo-suit.... seamoth has customizable parts... ie grappler claws, ability to tow a storage compartment behind it.... multiple sizes (25 -50).... slows the seamoth down considerably making max speed 20m/s.