What if?

ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
Imagine if we had a little indicator on our power supplies (Either a numerical indicator, bar, or both) to show the level of it instead of on the HUD like it is normally. I bet the devs are working on something like this and I haven't paid attention

Comments

• The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Very possible, and rather realistic. Your suit has better things to do than have some kind of magical device that can scan the amount of power in something just by holding the handle (like, you know, obeying the laws of physics and keeping you from dying). A percentage indicator is, I think, better than a simple bar, because it gives you a more reliable idea of how much you have left, but it should be on the tool, not the helmet. Maybe add some key that alters your grip on the device to look at it, like G or something, I don't know.
    Actually, because of the way helmets work, it would be impossible to look at that or the life-support HUD thing in the corner without basically taking off the whole helmet. Simply shifting your eyes, it's at too much of an angle, and turning your head to look will just turn the entire thing.
  • Alex93090Alex93090 Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211935Members
    The seaglide actually already has that (the power bar) to the right of the terrain scanner, so the devs might already have plans to implement that on other equipment. (image pulled off the interwebs) maxresdefault.jpg