It's getting hot!

zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
While we all wait for the new machine update now scheduled for the mid of the first week of May, we can see the devs playing with the exosuit and active lava in development
ChDw5VJWwAEDKcH.jpg:large
Bets are open - will we get a first playable exosuit to be scanned in the Aurora expansion already with the machine update?

Comments

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    edited April 2016
    I'm betting no. Thinking exosuit will be in the next major update (after the machine update).
  • DefectiveDelfinDefectiveDelfin Planet earth Join Date: 2015-07-19 Member: 206262Members
    Well,sorry to dissapoint you Zetachron but Obraxis said that they could not cram the exosuit in this update.

But for the lava biome,i gotta say it looks amazing.If im not wrong,its supposed to be tight windy tunnels that have bridges over big lava pits.Since the exosuit has a jetpack,i think this would be a small hazard :)
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    I'm betting no. Thinking exosuit will be in the next major update (after the machine update).

The fully extended exosuit with all upgrades like drilling, jump jets, etc. and gating mechanisms for pressure and heat! The april update (once called creature attack, now called machinery) was always planned to have the Aurora expansion in advance. That would mean a scannable exosuit fragment or wreck and the ability to fabricate/build and use one.

Nevertheless, you simply might be wrong. Just spawn the clumsy exosuit now and realize that all exosuit controls are already ingame! As you can see in the picture above, this is how the devs already use the exosuit for testing purposes, so lowpoly models and maybe even animations are all ready. What's missing? Maybe just the wait for the Aurora expanison getting finished. Or tomorrow you spawn the suit and it will be inside.

Finally not to forget that the exosuit update could get renamed like the updates before. Creatures attacking bases is still missing and lava places is lots of work, so my renaming suggestion for May update: Hot action update (creature attacks, full animated lava zones with creatures, cyclops finishing, ...)
  • DefectiveDelfinDefectiveDelfin Planet earth Join Date: 2015-07-19 Member: 206262Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    Sidchicken wrote: »

The fully extended exosuit with all upgrades like drilling, jump jets, etc. and gating mechanisms for pressure and heat! The april update (once called creature attack, now called machinery) was always planned to have the Aurora expansion in advance. That would mean a scannable exosuit fragment or wreck and the ability to fabricate/build and use one.

Nevertheless, you simply might be wrong. Just spawn the clumsy exosuit now and realize that all exosuit controls are already ingame! As you can see in the picture above, this is how the devs already use the exosuit for testing purposes, so lowpoly models and maybe even animations are all ready. What's missing? Maybe just the wait for the Aurora expanison getting finished. Or tomorrow you spawn the suit and it will be inside.

Finally not to forget that the exosuit update could get renamed like the updates before. Creatures attacking bases is still missing and lava places is lots of work, so my renaming suggestion for May update: Hot action update (creature attacks, full animated lava zones with creatures, cyclops finishing, ...)

Yeah,if you watch older videos,there was a fully functional exosuit that had a jetpack though you couldnt use the hands.It was still pretty cool.

Here it is :smile:

I think they named it machine update for the official release of the new generators and the models for them.Originally it was because of the chargers that were supposed to be added but since they were scrapped for this update,its for the power rework and generators.

Hot action update.... Make a discord account and tell the devs to do this when the lava zone gets added.Its amazing!
    Well,sorry to dissapoint you Zetachron but Obraxis said that they could not cram the exosuit in this update.

But for the lava biome,i gotta say it looks amazing.If im not wrong,its supposed to be tight windy tunnels that have bridges over big lava pits.Since the exosuit has a jetpack,i think this would be a small hazard :)

Try to spawn the exosuit. It has now operational controls but no real model. At least you can try it out in the deep. Some HUD elements are there.

Really this thing has model (prepared) and controls now. It might not be there inside next weeks update, but it could be spawnable soon!
    zetachron wrote: »

Try to spawn the exosuit. It has now operational controls but no real model. At least you can try it out in the deep. Some HUD elements are there.

Really this thing has model (prepared) and controls now. It might not be there inside next weeks update, but it could be spawnable soon!

Most of the features are in experimental weeks before they are released,so i'd wager we'll be getting fully functional,animated and modeled suits in a few weeks.

Although the Exosuit arms might take a while before they're here.Also,what do you mean by HUD elements?Is it like the camera drone with some special things showing up on the HUD like resources?

Either way im excited ! :wink:
    Ok, some added info:

HUD is crude and only text, no bars: health, energy, thrust and at the top the depth display (xm/1500m). If it's only spawnable I could live with it. Hell, right now its playable, but missing the model that already exists (see OP picture and your youtube videos).

But it's different with everything around for real gameplay:
    • No scannable parts, no Aurora expansion (unsure, could be part of April update)
    • No extra upgrades (planned for May)
    • No docking station, neither for base nor cyclops (this takes time and is planned for May)

So no problem to already play with it, but only May update will bring it fully into gameplay. Scan, build, docking, upgrading and go mining. The drilling arm will be needed for the deep resources that lie buried beneath rock (mercury, uranium or more). So to enjoy deep mining you need the scanner room to locate deep ore and then the exosuit to drill it out. With spawning an exosuit that has a drilling function we could test the functionality in advance.
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    Been looking forward to having the exosuit forever. I wonder if they're reaper proof....
  • GoretogGoretog UK Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216082Members
    it's not reaper proof atm...
    edited May 2016
    Halios wrote: »
    Been looking forward to having the exosuit forever. I wonder if they're reaper proof....

Probably not, just like the seamoth. Not without defense. But maybe you're asking the wrong questions, because you'll need the exosuit more for deep ore mining, so ...

Some like it hot:
    • Probably the most ugly thing would be lava larva attaching at the exosuit back and melting slowly through while you drill for ore :D
    • Or you walk over a bridge with a lava pool below and suddenly a sea dragon dives up and faces you :D:D

Okay, back to the game: I hope we can try out ore drilling with the exosuit to see how well it plays with the scanner room.