More Mutualism: A pilot fish equivalent

GlyphGryphGlyphGryph USA Join Date: 2015-02-19 Member: 201435Members
In real life, one of the most common wild relationships is that of mutualism - animals that work with and around other animals for mutual benefit. We have, I think, a single example of this in game in Crash fish (although that relationship doesn't make a whole lot of sense).

I think it would do a lot to bring the game to life if some of the bigger creatures (Reapers, Reefbacks and Stalkers would all be good candidates) had mutualistic relationships with some some other smaller life form, such that the smaller life form could almost always be found around the larger one (and, like in real life, you could even use the same companion fish for all three if you wanted to).

While it would be cool if such fish could be caught, it would be nice if they even existed the same way the small-fish schools do now as purely decorative elements.

Comments

• Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    edited April 2016
    Fuck yeah! This HAS to happen! Here are some examples to illustrate:

80ae2f74dedcd51f2e746f480fafbc6e.jpg

IMG_6961-Edit.jpg

To all the dev team, you should...

2GOeBst.gif
  • 5Raptorboy5Raptorboy Join Date: 2015-05-29 Member: 205021Members
    It would be cool if a remora like creature attached to the bottom of your cyclops or seamoth.

(and terrifying)
  • coldsnapcoldsnap Join Date: 2015-12-26 Member: 210395Members
    +1 for more decorative fish. It would be nice to have some tiny life forms that liked to hang out beneath objects, like rock outcrops, inside coral tubes, or under your base foundation. Or slow moving objects like reefbacks, or the cyclops.
    (I mean tiny as in _really_ small. While I love the fish shoals, those are actually quite large fish).