Dear Subnautica Team

necristnecrist MA Join Date: 2016-02-11 Member: 212899Members
edited February 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
Subnautica Report

Hello Developers,

My name is Luke. I am a young pioneer into technology and games. Recently I have played your game Subnautica. I know you are busy, and I doubt that you will read all of this, but here I have written my thoughts about the game. Me and a bunch of people I know got together and I wrote out the ideas we discussed. (A total of 8 people.) In this paper I have written out the most prominent.

(Seriously Thank You.)

I love the idea. It is extremely original and the community needs a game like this. The graphics and development are clearly worked on a lot, and updated constantly. I love the system and the imaginary future technology. The dev-mode is also amazing and helps teach players about the game. Base building and the subs are great, and I can not express how much potential this game has for the future. I see you obviously love what you are doing here, even though there might be struggles along the way.

Glitches:
(œ¬‘Ω√µ«§¢)

If you are holding the heat blade when entering your base it will still bubble, just like the water outside.

Sometimes Reefbacks will collide with each other and spin in circles.

In some cases, you can scan or attack things through glass in habitats.

If you let go of a floater inside of your base, it floats to the ceiling.

Small Things:
(These are some small things, won't require major updates. I hope… )

We agreed that it would be nice to be able to name your seamoth, or possibly even color it. You can already do this one you have a moonpool and an upgrade station, but most people get a cyclops befor that. An alternate idea to that is when you get your Cyclops sub, and name and color that, it would say the name on the seamoth, but say jr.(Example: Cyclops: Maria. Seamoth: Maria Jr.) The color would also correspond to the Cyclops. I know you can name your seamoth with the upgrade station in the moonpool, but it would be a nice option.

Another thing that would be small is a Cyclops docking station. I have heard that you might be working on it, but I have not been able to figure it out. The idea most agreed on is that you would need to connect it to your base, but solar panels, bioreactors, and generators would not work to charge it. You would need a charging station that charges it twice as fast. It would probably run off of lubricant with lithium or silver, (that's up to you,) but it would charge it twice as fast. I know you could attach a nuclear reactor to the Cyclops, but this would help a lot now. (The item would be powerful, so maybe diamonds and/or uranium?)

Some sort of leach that requires a fabricator or 20 health to get out, and would do -1 health every 2 seconds for the first option or a bleeding effect after for the second option.

Cloaking. What if no one could see you. This would help alot, but would require a full powercell for 30 seconds of use and a battery for 15. On major creatures though, such as the Reaper Leviathan, it could still smell you. possibly the sub text would say, “Some things can still smell you…”

Bigger Things:
(I do not expect these to be implemented, they are just ideas.)

It would be amazing if you could have a hand held scanner that does not scan fish and things. It would act as more of a sonar. It could do a few things, but here was the best idea. You start with a normal hand held scanner, in this case I will call it a handheld sonar, (HS.) The original HS would tell you what animal life is around you, and what it was doing. For example if I was chasing a peeper it would say “fleeing”. You could click to target the object, but the range would be limited at night. The HS would not be like the seamoth’s sonar, but more scan the flora and fauna. Through the modification station, it could get more “upgrades.” For example you click a limestone rock, it would tell you what it would drop. Now this might be a problem if the dropped items are random. Another, separate upgrade would be an item finder, It would highlight all of the item you picked in the area, and half its power. The highlight in your hud would stay on from 20-40 seconds. If the item is below half power it can’t use the ability again. The item might be able to switch between modes, but it would take time and cost power.

Huge Things:
(Giant, huge, wacky ideas, but would take a lot of time… )

The restored Aurora.
Somehow, if you were able to find lead and craft a radiation suit and get into the aurora and save it before it exploded, there would be epic loot. Ideas for that are endless, along with creatures, and a guaranteed reaper leviathan near it. It probably would be really creepy, possibly bodies or something like that. You might be able to use the ship's engines as a power source, for your base or otherwise. There could be multiple floors, and even some crew still alive? This might be a 0.3 or 0.4 update. But it would be amazing! It's hard to describe all the possibilities for it.

Another cool thing that would not be overpowered is ice. This is a general topic, but a biome to the north could be frozen. There are so many possibilities for this. Sharp ice spikes could hurt you, and leave you bleeding. Icebergs could be there, and might have materials inside. New frost versions of the fish, like a light blue peeper could be a “chiller” or something like that. There might even be a new type of floater that pulls things down to the bottom of the ocean, like ice or fish. I have seen that this has been posted before, along with other things in this report, but please consider it.

Speaking of ice, it would be amazing if there was a Cryogenic Pod. This might speed up time by 2 or 3, but not skip the night. It also could help recover a small portion of health, and if hooked up to your water filtration machine, it would recover hydration to.

IOS or Console version? This is probably the biggest idea of them all. A Lot of early access games I have written for have done well with this though. I myself dont know alot about IOS development or programming, but still it's a wacky, bold idea.

Again, thank you for everything you have done, all the work put into this, these are just suggestions directly from some players. Please take them into consideration, but I know you guys work hard already. Thank you once again.

Than you Subnautica!

Comments