Lost of Game play Time / Server Whitelisting issue

BoubaBouba Join Date: 2013-11-10 Member: 189253Members
Hi guys , i'm an old veteran and just came back to NS2 again with a fresh server ,

Actually i was surprised that my 1063h of game play went to 0 on the Hive anybody knows how to backup my play time? i tried to connect with my steam but did nothing , also i played on a whitelisted server and from 16min it shows only 2 min of gameplay dont know if this is a bug or else.

its kinda wierd to not be able to command and be a rookie on your own server ^^

an other question also about that Hive , we have NS2+ , Shine admin ;Shine Ns2 stats mod on on the server nothing else but dont know why we are not Whitelisted any clue on how to be on the whitelist?

thanks for the help guys in advance.

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2016
    Hive is bugged right now. Hive 2.0 is in the making and will hopefully be out in the next couple months.

To remove your rookie status open your console and type "Iamsquad5" without quotes. Although that is true, you still won't be able to command until you are level 3.

There was a recent post on how to get your server whitelisted. I recommend you read it. wnworlds.com/discussion/140300/for-anyone-looking-for-more-info-on-when-uwe-does-server-whitelisting-for-hive-skill
  • BoubaBouba Join Date: 2013-11-10 Member: 189253Members
    thanks a lot for that fast answer i checked the post about the whitelisting but did not understood the part with "hacked binaries" and 24 slot servers if you can explain.

Btw with hive 2.0 would we be able to recover our game play time?

also i typed that on consol its says Welcome back , but still green (rookie) on board is it normal?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2016
    Bouba wrote: »
    thanks a lot for that fast answer i checked the post about the whitelisting but did not understood the part with "hacked binaries" and 24 slot servers if you can explain.

Btw with hive 2.0 would we be able to recover our game play time?

also i typed that on consol its says Welcome back , but still green (rookie) on board is it normal?

The code is only for the tutorial. The rookie status is bound to hive level 3.

The reason returning players are also listed as rookies is that ns2 change a bit in the last 2 years. And we want to give everyone the chance to catch up with other new and returning players.

And no also with hive 2.0 you would still be listed as rookie as returning player as we have no way to verify your steam playtime. Overall don't take the rookie status to serious see it more as a challenge to get out to level 3 as fast as possible.

---

NS2 servers are normally locked to a maximum of 24 slots. However some users found out how to modify the binary executable with a hex editor to remove that lock.

PS. : NS2Stats.org has sadly been shut down almost 2 years ago.

i dont care about the status itself , just that there arnt many servers that are whitelisted and with players on it , so how can i level up with such situation? :) so it kinda restrict me on the game. and cant do somthing to resolve it.

"And no also with hive 2.0 you would still be listed as rookie as returning player as we have no way to verify your steam playtime"

i was hoping that the hive would checked my steam gameplay to have it as we can log on with steam account to the hive but dont know how it works maybe you should implement this on it.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Unfortunately, when Steam's reported playtime was used as a means to determine rookie status, people were abusing it to make themselves a rookie even when they were not.. just so they could stomp rookies.

This new method is more accurate now, however the Hive is definitely bugged as it's being rewritten, as you can tell.
    There are a lot of whitelisted servers, however, so you shouldn't have too much of a problem increasing in level.
    edited February 2016
    well actually i hope we will get our server whitelisted as soon as possible , levels will come after. btw the guys abusing rookie status wasn't it because of the rookie "ON/OFF Button" in the game options? actually hive can just pick up the play time on steam to set up if the guys is a rookie or not , it even sad that with my experience i'm hunting new players on rookie servers :/

thanks anyway for the answer i wasn't expecting having an answer here , as the game start to be a little bit empty ^^ cheers guys.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    If it wasnt answered for you, you will shed your "rookie" status after achieving level 3 on the hive. just play on other whitelisted servs til your own is.
    i already knew that , actually we can see it when we try to enter com or hive but thx for the tip it may help others :)