Some new thoughts - like LEVELS :D

anuahhaheeanuahhahee POLAND Join Date: 2015-10-13 Member: 208456Members
Hello Everyone ;-)
This game is awesome so congrats to dev team ;-)

I had couple thoughts about future of this game, so lest begin.

1. LEVELS.
I think that Vehicles, Stuff and OUR hero should have „level’s” :D. So vehicles and stuff maybe from fragments found in world (4/8/16/32/64 fragments for level ?) and you can chose the upgrade that you need the most in Your journey.
Our hero for founding items, killing predators ;-) every level on him can be more HP, little bit more Oxygen, additional place for tanks or other items.

2. MUTLIPLAYER.
I think that if Multiplayer will be alive that there could be two or more modes. Aggressive / Survival / and other :P. For me this game is not taking you in Multy-Killling Machine.. Survival in 2 or 3 peoples could be cool (friendly fire off :P), for me heaven.

3. OTHER STUFF :D
If other biomass it could be cool that there would be other storage for Suits on Cyclops, in front of lockers on lower deck ;-) Suits that you can go to cold structures, or hot and others (and some kind of dock or simply some corridor that can be connected to Cyclops when close to it).
And last thing that I want to say is Craft Table ;-) there you can experiment with for example knife from some turtle skin that lives 1000m depth ;-) or all suit from it ;-)

I’m seeing me at the near ending this game in portable base with Cyclops and 2 Seamoth, me and my Friend. Going for last journey to the depth of 3800m down where live the creature that can be solution for repairing Aurora engine. We need his parts to get out from this crazy world before our real enemy will arrive to kill us.

And maybe in mid, near end game Nanobots that 1st will go for search for “Quartz” then You will see on map where it is and go there, next upgrade will send Nanobots to collect “Quartz” and you will explore more terrain and not die trying to find more “Quartz” :P

Couple thing in one ;-) sorry for my English, always want to do my best and it ends like this ;-)

Good Job Guys and Girls, this game will rock ;-) take care, see you

Comments

• The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    1. Levels... I like the idea, in certain respects. I personally see levels as a way to not only improve, but to choose specific aspects to improve. I'll look at the three things you mentioned leveling for:
      Vehicles, it kinda makes sense. If you check out my thread where I posted several dozen vehicle ideas, I like the thought of some being better than others, but harder to get. For instance, the Monarch. Yes, the Cyclops can go to 3000 meters fully upgraded, as well as doing a bunch of other stuff. But if you want true deep-sea exploration, you need something purpose-made for it. The DE-1 Tubeworm and DE-2 Monarch are both meant to be able to go to depths exceeding 20,000 meters (our own Mariana Trench is only 12 kilometers deep). So, I like the idea of vehicle levels. While the Moth and the Cyclops are amazing, their versatility means that they can't operate at full capacity for any given job.
      In a way, they've already implemented the framework for leveling items, as well as some actual item leveling, in the Workbench. Take a knife, you can decide to either A. increase damage or B. make it cook fish on contact. I love the idea of leveling items. Making general-purpose things more specific is something I want to see. I mentioned somewhere about, say, the Air Bladder. It can currently rocket you to the surface at about Mach Jesus. Thus, it's obviously an""emergency" item. So, I think it would be nice to see it upgraded to other emergency items. Maybe one upgrade that greatly increases the speed even more, in exchange for a recharge time. Possibly another that re-purposes it, so you can use it to restore 1 minute of air in emergencies, but you have to refill it each time you do so. So, while the Workbench is present in game, it needs a lot more attention.
      Player leveling... for some reason that never crossed my mind. I guess it just doesn't fit too well with how Subnautica is currently. Anyway, I kinda like it. Maybe an "attribute points" system, where you get like 5 points per level. You can decide where to put them. Put a point into Metabolism, you can go longer without eating or drinking. Put one into Respiration, it increases your oxygen without air tanks by 1 second, and each air tank by 2 seconds. One into Circulation, you can recover from wounds easier (better blood flow allows platelets to seal the wound and stop bleeding faster), so you take a bit less damage from each attack. One into Arm Strength, you do more damage with melee, and can climb ladders faster (just accelerate the animation). Put a point in Leg Strength, swim a tiny bit faster. Maybe put something about... Stamina, or something, which will add one inventory slot per point. Something like an attribute point system is definitely something I want to see at some point in Subnautica, now that I'm actually thinking about it.
    2. Multiplayer... I've always liked the idea of multiplayer in games, and SN is no exception. I like your idea for multiple MP-specific modes, but maybe two TYPES of multiplayer as well. You can have an LAN co-op mode where you can play with people from the same house... and maybe an online mode, where you can have servers of up to like 25 people. Some things in Subnautica would be a lot better with friends, and maybe even with strangers.
    3. Other Stuff... Alright, looking through this, I love a lot of this. Given that there are two full suits already in the game (Radiation suit, and the utility suit with fins, rebreather, et cetera), I'd love to be able to store them all in convention locations in the Cyclops. Maybe also add a pressure suit that allows you to go to 5km without the limitations of the Exosuit. Nanobots have all of my want now that someone's mentioned them... What if I'm getting tired of looking for copper every ten seconds? Send a group of a few thousand nanobots, order them to look specifically for copper, and off they go. And, if I were to add something here... molecular remodeling. I love the Peepers and all, but I want to tear them down to their base elements, and make a bottle of nitroglycerin to blow up that stupid rock that keeps getting in the way and letting Crashes explode up my rear end.

As for the English usage... no problem. I can understand how it is trying to write an entire article in a language that you aren't used to. If I might offer a suggestion, type up your full article in whatever language you're most comfortable with (in your case, I'm willing to be Polish) on a Word document first. Select it all, right-click, and choose to translate to English. I've never seen Microsoft Translator fail to do its job, and do it well. Plus, that way you don't have to individually think about each word, you can just focus on writing out your thoughts.

One final note about that whole article you wrote...
    Why all the winky faces?