The current generator/portal

RuarcRuarc Sweden Join Date: 2015-09-07 Member: 207799Members
edited October 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
I don't know if the game could handle it, but how cool wouldn't it be if you had machines that could extract certain materials and then send them via complex currents (that you have set up) to
other bases with a machine that collects them when they arrive. And you could also controll all the machines and currents via a computer, and also maybe reverse the currents. So you could see that base 4 has collected 60 titanium and the container is now full, drop them to send them to base 2. Items that are dropped could be setup so they get destroyed if no one picks them up or a machine catches them after say 5 minutes.

A sort of alternative would be a stargate/portal so that you could travel from base to base. But they would be very expensive to build. Beqause i think you should need to build many bases in different biomes to survive. But it would be very tiresome to travel from base to base with the cyclops/seamoth all the time to collect stuff.

Comments

• LordDerpLordDerp Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207871Members
    It would be cool if you could harness the portal technique from warpers in the future, so you can teleport between bases. Then you could just move the items yourself
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    edited October 2015
    An interesting idea, but I'd rather have a seaglide-type conveyance that has some storage. It would be completely automated, and only be used to transport goods (it won't carry you). It would only travel between beacons, so you would need to have a beacon at your base. To make it worthwhile it would have to have at least as much storage as a large storage locker. Since it travels between beacons, it's not base-dependant, so you can send building materials to a beacon where you want to build a base.