A Ship.

FinrodFinrod Germany Join Date: 2015-09-03 Member: 207683Members
edited September 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
Sounds dull, i know, but haveing a normal ship would be a logical thing on a planet that only consits of water. I though about a research ship like this, only more futuristic. There could be a Cyclops docking bay under the waterline and a seamoth docking at the back with a crane or something. On board there could be a sonar that shows you the the topographical features of the land underneath you ( a 3d hologramm would be awesome). A ship would have enough space to really fit as a mobile base, i always felt a litte trapped in the cyclops. FF56411.jpg

Comments

• Astropig_gamerAstropig_gamer USA Join Date: 2015-08-31 Member: 207625Members
    But all the resources and stuff you need IS UNDERWATER!!!
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited September 2015
    A boat makes sense if there are lots of islands we can end up travelling between, but currently, there is just no need to be on top of the water when absolutely everything is happening beneath it.

--Edit--

The name Subnautica indicates this is probably how it will remain. There may be more islands added, but I just don't think we will need an above water boat.

I would however like to see a medium sized vessel between the seamoth and cyclops, that is faster, for quicker direct travel between distant locations.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members

Yeah and so are all the monsters that want to make you lunch.
  • FinrodFinrod Germany Join Date: 2015-09-03 Member: 207683Members

Yeah and so are all the monsters that want to make you lunch.

Yeah, exactly that. If i would be in the survivors situation, i would try to build something with my super high tech stuff that gets me as far from leviathans as possible. Best thing would be a surface base or maybe even something thats flying, but that would just disturb the gameplay, except the map gets far bigger.
  • SanctusLupusSanctusLupus USA Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207600Members
    Finrod wrote: »
    Sounds dull, i know, but haveing a normal ship would be a logical thing on a planet that only consits of water. I though about a research ship like this, only more futuristic. There could be a Cyclops docking bay under the waterline and a seamoth docking at the back with a crane or something. On board there could be a sonar that shows you the the topographical features of the land underneath you ( a 3d hologramm would be awesome). A ship would have enough space to really fit as a mobile base, i always felt a litte trapped in the cyclops. FF56411.jpg

A mother sub would be better due to that fact you have lack of land. A ship wouldn't be totally out of the question but then again it really depends on what comes into the game.
  • PajamaJamsPajamaJams Boulder, CO Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207121Members
    I think a ship is a great idea. Have it as big as a Aircraft carrier. With 2 docks for cyclops.
  • jack_flamesjack_flames california usa Join Date: 2015-07-08 Member: 206055Members
    no just exosuits and seamoths dont go too extreme
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Ulysses_32.jpg

Anyone?

Yes, yes, yes!!
    Well i liked the Megacyclops idea that Tarek posted very much, that would be an awesome thing. It just needs more rooms and something like a a captains quarter to actually feel like a base. hope they implement more furniture and beds soon.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Yes the Megaclops would be nice, the only problem is that it's way to big. We'd have to go out to the Grassy Plateau in order to make it otherwise we'd be beached. One solution though is to allow it to hover a few meters over the water, that way it can be spawned in the safe shallows. The second problem for it is power, this thing could potentially have its own dark matter reactor that could be vulnerable to damage. That way it has its own power source that it generates for itself, maybe even an upgrade to boost power generation
    Power for cyclops and everything coming up in that size is something that needs to be worked on anyway. rechargeable power cells would be the first thing. But since there are already nuclear and bioreactors ingame, why not place them inside the cyclops/megacyclops?