HOVERCRAFT

bossboy135bossboy135 New zealand Join Date: 2015-09-02 Member: 207661Members
subnautica should have hovercrafts to gracefully skim the top of the water like THIS

http://alemdarmarine.com/tr/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/alair-hovercraft1.jpg

Who is with me ???

Comments

• bossboy135bossboy135 New zealand Join Date: 2015-09-02 Member: 207661Members
    MAYBE a bit MORE FUTURISTIC
  • Astropig_gamerAstropig_gamer USA Join Date: 2015-08-31 Member: 207625Members
    but everything you need is underwater....
    well it could me a faster means of travel across the map
    is this a gltch ???
  • SanctusLupusSanctusLupus USA Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207600Members
    bossboy135 wrote: »
    subnautica should have hovercrafts to gracefully skim the top of the water like THIS

Who is with me ???

It would be cool to have a hovercraft or a jet ski type vehicle for just the surface. They did give us land above the water so why not make vehicles for it as well with amphibians and reptiles.
  • Seamothwizard44Seamothwizard44 Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 207995Members
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    I read somewhere the seamoth is supposed to get an ability that allows you to skim across the surface with high speed.

But there was another discussion somewhere else in the forum about something like this. One half of the people said "but it's an underwater game. why surface vehicles?" and the other half just wants the goddamn thing.

I think we should differ between exploration and travel and get two different kinds of vehicles or at least costumization options for existing ones.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    I just want like maybe a larger SeaGlide, like a submersible Jet ski
  • FrraksurredFrraksurred USA Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202960Members
    I just want like maybe a larger SeaGlide, like a submersible Jet ski

Yeah, with a small storage box on it for farming runs.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    And possibly a rack to mount them on the exterior of a base for easy storage.
  • RustyRangeRustyRange Join Date: 2015-09-14 Member: 207955Members
    bossboy135 wrote: »

Who is with me ???

What would the point of the Hovercraft be if you can only skim the top of the water and there is no land?
    Just saying. :/ Since this is a Underwater Based Survival Game
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    edited October 2015
    70_full.jpg
    Because Russia.
    This is called the Zubr-class hovercraft, the largest of its type in the world (currently). If we have hovercraft, I want them to look something like this.
  • MalagateMalagate Here. Join Date: 2015-10-16 Member: 208503Members
    I know I'm late to the party and this could be considered necromancy, but I'd rather not start a new thread for something that would basically be the same!

I've put some thought in to the idea of a hovercraft in Subnautica, and would like to see one for two reasons:
    1. As per other people's thoughts, as a faster way to get around the map just to get between bases faster than a seamoth would (would be more useful later if the map expands at least)
    2. Unique modules available to it that would not work for submersibles, such as a side-scan sonar to map the ocean floor and pick out mineral deposits

It would have to be a lot more futuristic than the pictured hovercrafts in this thread, I was thinking if they get around to implementing DNA sampling then the DNA sample from in game hoverfish could be used to research a hovercraft that would use bigger versions of their 6 little round feet-thingies.

Basically I'm imagining something that would be more like a catamaran, but way smaller (like single cockpit smaller), and the only contacts with the water would be 2-3 big versions of the hoverfish feet-thingies and a ladder to get in & out. Also I'd say it gets no support buildings (no moonpool equivalent, this is something designed by the survivor after all) and would only have 1 support module for use at a time (so you couldn't have both a storage hatch and a side-scan sonar at once). You know, so that it doesn't step on the toes of the submersibles but still has a purpose like getting around faster and mapping out the ocean floor - with a map generated on your PDA that you can later use to pinpoint mineral deposits (not the ones in caves obviously, just the ones on the seafloor surface).
  • paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
    IDEA

What about a surface boat (or hover craft) that is nothing more than a surface only version of the Cyclops. This would be done so it can dock the Cyclops (so it is bigger) and give the Cyclops a roof hatch so we can go from one to the other. It will also be able to dock a Sea Moth. The ship would be able to charge the cyclops and seamoth from solar power and have 6 power cells for main power. This would also let us have a mobile surface base of sorts since it would be about as wide as 2 foundations and as long as 6 foundations. Inside it will have 2 engine rooms (like the one on the Cyclops), 1 nav command center, 1 cyclops dock, 2 seamoth/exosuit docks (so we can have both docked at the same time), 2 cargo rooms (in the twin hulls like the one in the belly of the cyclops), then it will have a hallway run down the center of the main deck with 4 rooms on each side (so we can place anything in/on them that we can in/on the bases), the nav command center will be at front center then it will have a roof deck that we can go out on and place other stuff (like solar panels without sinking the ship).
  • Chris1217Chris1217 Meyrin (Geneva) Join Date: 2015-10-14 Member: 208476Members
    the seamoth go in to the cyclops, the cyclops go in to the boat is "Subception"
    I like the idea of a surface vehicles (with maybe a surface dock for the base) but not to big or powerfull, somthing not faster than the seamoth but that you can land on the beach of the differant island on the map, take some sample on the island and take back to your base.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    Before the Seamoth update came out, UWE was looking at a "hydrofoil" upgrade for the Seamoth (which could presumably be added at the moon pool). While not able to go on land, it would be able to skim the surface at higher speed.
  • nittelsnittels Austria Join Date: 2015-12-27 Member: 210441Members
    edited December 2015
    Malagate wrote: »
    I've put some thought in to the idea of a hovercraft in Subnautica, and would like to see one for two reasons:
    1. As per other people's thoughts, as a faster way to get around the map just to get between bases faster than a seamoth would (would be more useful later if the map expands at least)
    2. Unique modules available to it that would not work for submersibles, such as a side-scan sonar to map the ocean floor and pick out mineral deposits

I totally agree. We have the cyclops as a mobile base, the seamoth for exploring but nothing for fast traveling. If the game gets bigger we really need somthing like this. Be it a speed boat, a hover craft or a ship. It should have a bay or a crane for the sea moth too). Also it would be cool if we get it later in the game when it is necessary.