Biome ideas

jjust19jjust19 Australia Join Date: 2015-08-28 Member: 207535Members
Though Subnautica has a wide variety of biomes for our exploring pleasure, what unique biomes do you think should be incorporated into the game to give it a more surreal feel?

For me:

- a biome consisting of bio-luminescent plankton to create a biome that looks like a space of glowing stars (google 'bio-luminescent sea').
- A boneyard sought of biome that could host a number of large, dangerous creatures (possibly the sea dragon?).
- As suggested by a lot of people on this forum, a sought living biome comprised entirely out of one/multiple creatures.
- A bubble biome with special dome plants that are transparent with breathable oxygen inside (including plants and such). Basically, giant, blue, transparent floaters that are stuck to the sea floor that are hollow and are filled with floater island flora (and potentially creatures).
- A ravine biome that goes down to incredible depths (where all the spooky creatures reside).
- A ruins biome where the remnants of a previous civilisation are.
- An ice wall biome where arctic sheets of ice cover the area (maybe some frozen creatures?).

What wonderful ideas do you have?

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    I know the Arctic Biome is already planned.

Ones I would like

-Fallout Zone
    Radioactive waste from toxic plants or underwater vents kill most creatures in this area, except for the Nuclear Leviathan, and Bleeders. Radiation Suit is required to enter this area.

-Air Pocket Oasis
    A massive underwater air pocket cave illuminated by a giant glowing cage plant. Would have a river and a waterfall, as well as several trees and plants. Protected by un-terraformable materials.

-Archipelago
    A cluster of small, comfy islands (About as large as the Mountains Island at the biggest)

-Rock Bottom
    An extremely deep biome. This isn't just darkness. This is ADVANCED darkness. Populated by spooky glowing creatures and devoid of light, even during the day.

-Quartz Caves
    Deep cave system populated by enormous Quartz crystals, which can be broken down with the Exosuit's drill.

-The Village
    A deserted village in the Kelp Forest, comprised of small mud huts made from sand and creepvine. Fences and fortifications made of bones and rocks, pottery made from deep sea clay and bags made from animal bladders, huts adorned with colorful vegetation and animal skulls, creature hides stretched out on racks, dead fish tied to stones, makeshift spears from Stalker Teeth and sticks, a cooking spit over a volcanic vent, etc The whereabouts of its inhabitants are a mystery. Perhaps they fled when the Aurora crashed down.

-Sargasso Sea
    A red plains biome blanketed in floating brown algae that blocks out the sun, giving a beautiful dappled godray effect on the seafloor below.
  • Astropig_gamerAstropig_gamer USA Join Date: 2015-08-31 Member: 207625Members
    -Whirlpool biome
    Underground caves collapsed causing small but deadly whirlpools to form along with much bigger ones in the middle

-Ore biome
    Contains much rocks full of ore that will be mined by the Exosuits drill or something bigger like a tunnel bore

-Volcano biome
    A massive volcano always growing

-Vegetation biome
    A large area deep underwater that has very thick Vegetation home to some of the larger herbivores

-Cave biome
    Huge underwater caves that span over a large area and more like a maze but contain rare loot

-Inside the aroua
    I know you can go inside but what if the whole ship was explorable such as the cabins and the control room
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    I know the Arctic Biome is already planned.

Ones I would like

-Fallout Zone
    Radioactive waste from toxic plants or underwater vents kill most creatures in this area, except for the Nuclear Leviathan, and Bleeders. Radiation Suit is required to enter this area.

-Air Pocket Oasis
    A massive underwater air pocket cave illuminated by a giant glowing cage plant. Would have a river and a waterfall, as well as several trees and plants. Protected by un-terraformable materials.

-Archipelago
    A cluster of small, comfy islands (About as large as the Mountains Island at the biggest)

-Rock Bottom
    An extremely deep biome. This isn't just darkness. This is ADVANCED darkness. Populated by spooky glowing creatures and devoid of light, even during the day.

-Quartz Caves
    Deep cave system populated by enormous Quartz crystals, which can be broken down with the Exosuit's drill.

-The Village
    A deserted village in the Kelp Forest, comprised of small mud huts made from sand and creepvine. Fences and fortifications made of bones and rocks, pottery made from deep sea clay and bags made from animal bladders, huts adorned with colorful vegetation and animal skulls, creature hides stretched out on racks, dead fish tied to stones, makeshift spears from Stalker Teeth and sticks, a cooking spit over a volcanic vent, etc The whereabouts of its inhabitants are a mystery. Perhaps they fled when the Aurora crashed down.

-Sargasso Sea
    A red plains biome blanketed in floating brown algae that blocks out the sun, giving a beautiful dappled godray effect on the seafloor below.

Kay, like that one... Mhm... nice... good (maybe some Leviathans there)... really like that idea... mhm... Wait. Sargasso Sea? I'm intrigued. I love the Sargasso Sea, ever since reading The Loch.
  • DagonDagon Earth Join Date: 2016-03-21 Member: 214648Members
    Airpocket oasis sounds awesome. I'm in love with that idea. An archipelago biome would be cool too, where would you put it, though?