A few random things.

ArgoEveArgoEve Poland Join Date: 2015-04-09 Member: 203183Members
edited August 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
Hi!
First of all I want to thank all the developers for this amazing game, I'm having really wonderful time playing it.
Secondly, I want to apologise for any vocabular/grammatical mistakes I'm about to make, English is not my mother toungue, so feel free to correct my spelling/grammar :confounded:
But there are few things and/or ideas I came across while playing.
All of them are rather small imperfections.
- The Nuclear Reactor requires Disinfected Water and Uranium to make it work, however, Disinfected Water cannot be obtained in Freedom mode, making Nuclear Reactor useless and making some trouble in powering bases placed in the depths.
- The temperature in Inactive Lava Zones, I know they're still under development but you can literally drag your face through 6°C lava streams right now. I know it's a minor issue, but combined with the one above, makes it almost impossible to make a powered seabase there in Freedom mode.
- Freefal...Freediving - currently there is no depth limit our character can descend to. It's funny how a submarine crafted from the strongest materials we can obtain crushes after reaching the depth of 200m, but our character remains fine in suit made of lead at the depth of 1200m.

And now time for a personal idea:
Hull plates for translators (Obviously, I am one). Like linking the Unknownworlds account with our steam account, and after reaching some point in translating Subnautica to some language (5%-20% of all translations), we recieve special hull plate with a flag of the country. It will be some kind of motivation to start translating Subnautica to more and more languages worldwide.

Thanks for reading, keep it up with your amazing work,
Argo

P.S. TL;DR - Powering seabases issues in Freedom mode, diving too deep and the idea of hull plates for translators.

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    edited August 2015
    We're able to dive so deep because we don't have the Exosuit yet.

I assume that once we have the mech, and are able to gather things from the bottom of the Grand Reef without having to exit a sub, then we'll have crush depth added for characters.
  • Z-comZ-com canada Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207583Members

I assume that once we have the mech, and are able to gather things from the bottom of the Grand Reef without having to exit a sub, then we'll have crush depth added for characters.

That sounds painful
  • tyler111762tyler111762 Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204558Members
    Z-com wrote: »

That sounds painful

it sounds realistic