Removable Power Cells and ability to build a charging station

1bellb1bellb York, UK Join Date: 2015-08-29 Member: 207569Members
edited August 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
Currently when a Power cell dies in a say a Seamoth and you have a fully charged one. When you click to change the cell, the 0% power cell disappears.
It would be great to switch the cells so that the 0% cell is put in your inventory and then be able to build a power station which takes say 4 power cells and charges them using your bases power supply. Just like docking the Seamoth, but instead you're just docking the Power Cells.

Comments

• Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    One of the most annoying things is spending a metric ton of resources to make your Cyclops go for like ten minutes.
  • BloopBloop Germany Join Date: 2015-08-28 Member: 207553Members
  • HeadHunterHeadHunter The Pitt Join Date: 2015-08-27 Member: 207530Members
    After 8 hours of play, I have a small base (room with 3 windows, observatory, moon pool with 3 windows), the Seamoth and the Cyclops. I'm starting to have a harder time finding Quartz. I'd like to be able to recharge batteries (I think it's technologically feasible if I can build a Stasis Rifle and a Terraformer, no?) to preserve my resources.
    HeadHunter wrote: »
    I'd like to be able to recharge batteries (I think it's technologically feasible if I can build a Stasis Rifle and a Terraformer, no?) to preserve my resources.

My thoughts precisely. If you have futuristic tech, like a gun that stops time, why couldn't you have modern technology, like rechargeable batteries?
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    everyone wants this :P
  • ReefseekerReefseeker Finland Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204740Members
    HeadHunter wrote: »
    After 8 hours of play, I have a small base (room with 3 windows, observatory, moon pool with 3 windows), the Seamoth and the Cyclops. I'm starting to have a harder time finding Quartz.

Have you harvested the Sparse Reef and the Grand Reef already?
  • 1bellb1bellb York, UK Join Date: 2015-08-29 Member: 207569Members

Theres a Grand Reef?
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    edited September 2015
    1bellb wrote: »

Theres a Grand Reef?

Oh my sweet summer child

I feel like Power Cells should be rechargeable, but only to a certain point.
    Like 3 recharges before they become un-usable and you have to make a new one.
    Batteries shouldn't be recharged, as they're pretty cheap as they are.
    Though tools could also be recharged at charging stations.
  • jjust19jjust19 Australia Join Date: 2015-08-28 Member: 207535Members
    I like the idea of rechargeable batteries. Maybe a new section of the moon pool could be used to place dead batteries in for recharging using the base's power? Even better, a simple bench etc. could just be placed in the base (like the area where you place the cyclops's upgrades). Though, the process of charging should be slow and use a lot of the base's power in order for the feature not to be over-powered.
    jjust19 wrote: »
    I like the idea of rechargeable batteries. Maybe a new section of the moon pool could be used to place dead batteries in for recharging using the base's power? Even better, a simple bench etc. could just be placed in the base (like the area where you place the cyclops's upgrades). Though, the process of charging should be slow and use a lot of the base's power in order for the feature not to be over-powered.

The rate of conversion from base power to power cell... power... should be like 4 to 1. Then you have about an equal transition of power from the base to the Cyclops, since the Cyclops actually operates at like 400% power efficiency.