Megaclops with pics :D

tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members

Comments

• sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Looks like something from starmade.
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    we need something HUGE to explore those 3000+ meter deeps i aint going no where to find some 300 meter long sea monster 5000 meters deep and im in my tiny cyclops
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Don't mean to be a bugger, but do you think you could do a sketch of a vehicle like the one described in my suggestion for a large, tetrapod exosuit?
    hmmm i think i can do it subnautica style tech
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    edited August 2015
    I love the idea. Name needs a little work. Mega cyclops... I dunno. Maybe something like the Ettin.

And, you know how the Cyclops has the horn? This thing should have a horn that's louder and deeper, but also... a loudspeaker system that connects to a microphone. If a high enough volume is emitted by the loudspeakers, then some small fish will be scared off, so you don't accidentally kill them. Plus, I want to go around yelling "Behold, the apocalypse!"
    yep a better name :P
    is needed

also imagine this with the subnautica sleek lines and curves it would look bad ass

I did not want to put a cyclops dock cause why would you even need the cyclops when you have this baby, it can house a seamoth AND the walker
    tarek wrote: »
    also imagine this with the subnautica sleek lines and curves it would look bad ass

Indeed it would.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    I did not want to put a cyclops dock cause why would you even need the cyclops when you have this baby, it can house a seamoth AND the walker

If there's ever multiplayer, then this would be perfect. A few people at this beautiful beast checking radar, sonar, and other tasks like repairs, power cell replacement since I know this will need a crap ton of power, defense weapons, research/mapping the area and organisms, and monitoring what the other vehicles are seeing. Then more players could be using the Cyclops to bring a Seamoth or Exosuit around along with the one of each that would be in the ship which I'd call the Hydra, that'll be 3 small vehicles, 1 Cyclops, and the Hydra. Of course the Cyclops could be replaced with spots for 3 more vehicles like the Seamoth, Exosuit, or whatever else the devs create. My only issue with this wondrous ship is that there's no way it'll spawn in the Safe Shallows without being beached forever; unless, we add in the ability to fly for it. Now hear me out. An addition to this idea would be a propulsion system on the sides of the ship so that it can fly, but when underwater it propels us forward. At the bottom we'd have a hatch for each submersible, and I know there will be more than the 2 1/2 we have now, and at the top there'd be a hatch or two for some smaller, faster, air travel vehicles. The only other issue would be power, but what if we had a hanger that we had to build onto our base above water for it to charge at? A concept like this is going to open the floodgates
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Imma paint it gold and name it the Fortune Hunter
    Based on that picture, and the one of the submarine at the top... I salute you sir. Mind if I try converting some of these into 3D models?
    go ahead PLEASE :D I would love to see these babies come to life
    *nod* I'll get on it then. Dunno when I'll be done, but it shall be done.
  • SanctusLupusSanctusLupus USA Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207600Members
    enjoy

11953511_879201912127602_5819705304885311318_o.jpg

I agree there has to be a mother sub. Not only for the depth but also for exploration. Think about it, you build a base and you stay in that spot. In order to move to another, it takes more than what the sub vehicles like the cyclops is capable of. Even if you tear down the whole base to move it. You don't have anything to carry that amount of storage. So to me even though I like your idea but not much for the design. I do agree there needs to be this mother sub. Many have thought to make a new spaceship from the Aurora. But in my mind. since I am playing an explorer and building a life on this new found planet. I think it would be more realistic to take up the debris and tech from the Aurora and make an Aurora sub that would be big enough to house all the storage, gear, food, water, specimens, vehicles, weapons and so on. To move around this planet and continue to settle in different parts of this new found water world. This would make exploration easier of the whole planet. To the major depths and all around the world. :)

Also as an objective, there should be a way that we build a colony zone whether in water or on land as those others of us are following and suppose to be on this planet. How can they without a landing zone or a place to live. :) Something else to think about. What do you guys think?
    edited August 2015
    Alright, 3D design is done. I put in a Seamoth for my thoughts on the scale, based on how you explained it. The Ettin, as I put the name as (until we come up with a better one). The design for it is here.
    11891858_879923122055481_7092565981246493675_o.jpg

there you go :D

This is so tits

Its perfect

• Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    Both of those drawings look awesome. Love the crawler, it should grip stone walls so you can ascend or descend a verticle cliff. The mother ship sub would be great, but operating the cyclops already feels cramped operating at the farthest reaches of the map. Its not the machine, its the map. If the devs decide to extend the map out lateraly, at extreme depth, that would be a great thing. As for now the cyclops will be able to descend to roughly 3000m with the chelonian hull upgrades and has plenty of room for storage cabinets which would accommodate the moving of a base and additional building materials. So Im not saying I dont want a big beautiful sub to play with, Im saying there isnt much space in the map to operate it, at this point anyway.
  • AtenfoxAtenfox United States Join Date: 2015-08-31 Member: 207607Members
    I love this design, and I would love to see it in game when they add a bit more depth to the world. Thinking about the future, I would love to see a sub that is very similar to this, but designed with multiplayer in mind (since they say they want to eventually implement it). For example: maybe making it a bit larger; giving it the capability of holding several Seamoths, Exosuits and perhaps even a Cyclops or two; as well as any other thing that would make it feel like a mother-ship.
    Atenfox wrote: »
    I love this design, and I would love to see it in game when they add a bit more depth to the world. Thinking about the future, I would love to see a sub that is very similar to this, but designed with multiplayer in mind (since they say they want to eventually implement it). For example: maybe making it a bit larger; giving it the capability of holding several Seamoths, Exosuits and perhaps even a Cyclops or two; as well as any other thing that would make it feel like a mother-ship.

If that's what you want, I feel the vain need to direct you here.
    the massive sub is for 1000+ meter depths :P ... dont tell me u want to go 20 thousand KM under water in the cyclops only to get eaten by something bigger than it :P
  • SanctusLupusSanctusLupus USA Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207600Members
    The_Shark wrote: »
    Alright, 3D design is done. I put in a Seamoth for my thoughts on the scale, based on how you explained it. The Ettin, as I put the name as (until we come up with a better one). The design for it is here.

That's an awesome design and it goes well with the designs of the game. :) I think the glass top should be curved instead of pointy but other than that it looks awesome. Might add a couple more turbines to it but yeah. Great work :)
  • Astropig_gamerAstropig_gamer USA Join Date: 2015-08-31 Member: 207625Members
    it would be also cool if it had compartments so if there was a breach the doors around it would automatically shut sealing the room off so the rest of the ship doesnt flood
    it would be also cool if it had compartments so if there was a breach the doors around it would automatically shut sealing the room off so the rest of the ship doesnt flood

what if ur inside :D
    well then you die... There will probably be a manual override button
    There will probably be a manual override button

Problem...
    Solved.
    The_Shark wrote: »

That's an awesome design and it goes well with the designs of the game. :) I think the glass top should be curved instead of pointy but other than that it looks awesome. Might add a couple more turbines to it but yeah. Great work :)

Thanks, I try. I'll do a bit more work on it when I get home, I'm not used to using trackpads (and I'm using a laptop in the college library). Probably make those edits you said, maybe a bit to make it look like more than a tube with a bunch of cool-shaped growths.
    How would you feel about sketching up some designs for Exo-suit parts?
    t725.png?t=55e34a48
    This reminds me of the Nautilus from Atlantis.

Though I would add some kind of turret on the sides just behind the narrow bit between the bridge and the rest of the ship.

Either a torpedo launcher, or grav cannon, or a stasis cannon
    you would also need a room for the nuclear reactor (thats the only way you would be able to power something that large)