If Your SeaMoth Does Not Charge in Cyclops - A Little Tip

MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
I note that the bug to do with SeaMoth not charging in the Cyclops was marked as fixed back in June, when in fact it isn't fixed. Perhaps an update broke it again. However I have found a temporary fix for this. With your SeaMoth docked in the Cyclops open up the debug panel, press enter and type in "Survival" (Press enter to enter the command). The game mode will switch to Survival and the SeaMoth will start charging. Once fully charged you can open up the debug panel, press enter and type in "Freedom". The game will revert back to Freedom mode. Note though: by charging the SeaMoth you will have lost some power to the Cyclops power cells. If you do this too many times you may have to build and insert a new power cell.

If your SeaMoth is floundering in the sea because it ran out of juice, then put a power cell into your inventory and swim down to the SeaMoth. Using the steps above enter Survival mode and go to the back of your SeaMoth. Examine the back end carefully and you'll get an option to change the power cell. Do so with the one in your inventory which will recharge it too 100%. Climb in and take it to your Cyclops and dock. Allow to recharge to 100% as necessary and then switch back to Freedom mode.

Seems to work for me. :smile

Comments

• simusimu Join Date: 2015-03-03 Member: 201680Members
    fixed yesterday... build 22167

just curious, where did you check that the bug was marked as fixed?
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Hi

I have build 21956 Aug 2015. I haven't had the 22167 Build update come through on Steam yet. Has it been released?

Just to add an update to my instructions above. With regards to inserting the power cell in the back of the SeaMoth; you don't need to go into Survival mode for that as it will let you exchange it in Freedom mode.

The bug is marked as fixed in the Bugs section of this forum. It was "fixed" in June, or so I believe that is that it stated.
    Myrm wrote: »
    Hi

I have build 21956 Aug 2015. I haven't had the 22167 Build update come through on Steam yet. Has it been released?

Just to add an update to my instructions above. With regards to inserting the power cell in the back of the SeaMoth; you don't need to go into Survival mode for that as it will let you exchange it in Freedom mode.

The bug is marked as fixed in the Bugs section of this forum. It was "fixed" in June, or so I believe that is that it stated.

There are two branches, both early access, that you can play.
    • Stable branch (default) that is updated every 3 weeks or so,
    • Experimental branch that is updated about 2 or 3 times a day.
    you can change it in Steam but be warned that the experimental branch is not stable since it includes the actual work, eventually unfinished, of the developers and because of that occasionally some things don't work or are badly broken. It may destroy you world... so making backups is a good idea!
    But I must say that in the last time I had no big problem at all, just some not yet implemented features - expect since it is work in PROGRESS!!!

Post with screenshot of how to get it:
    http://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/subnautica-get-daily-updates/
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Wait, were you trying to charge your seamoth in freedom mode? If so then that's ridiculous
  • HeadHunterHeadHunter The Pitt Join Date: 2015-08-27 Member: 207530Members
    As far as I can see, equipment still consumes charge in Freedom mode. So if we can't recharge, what happens when it gets to 0% then?
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    HeadHunter wrote: »
    As far as I can see, equipment still consumes charge in Freedom mode. So if we can't recharge, what happens when it gets to 0% then?

In the case of the Seamoth it just becomes dead in the water, unless, of course, you change the power cell in it. However, I believe that the next update will make the SeaMoth's power limitless in Freedom mode.
  • HeadHunterHeadHunter The Pitt Join Date: 2015-08-27 Member: 207530Members
    In that case, I guess I'll just use the method in the main post to charge it up before leaving my base each time.
    Wait, were you trying to charge your seamoth in freedom mode? If so then that's ridiculous

why??