What i would love to see in Subnautica

scythex1000scythex1000 usa Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206878Members
Some things i would love to see in this game
1. Ancient ruins/archaeology
2. Deep Ones
3. Playable scenarios similar to underwater/scifi movies such as Leviathan, The Abyss, Deep Blue Sea and others where you have to escape your sea base or repair it
4. Maybe finding and rescuing other survivors and having them man your bases
5. Offensive weapons. or at least allow modders to make offensive weapons for use against big beasts including deep ones from suggestion 2
6. A couple more islands(not too many) for land bases

anyone else agree?

Comments

• PajamaJamsPajamaJams Boulder, CO Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207121Members
    The ruins don't make sense. Stalkers can't build homes.
  • NevercallmebynameNevercallmebyname Join Date: 2015-08-15 Member: 207155Members
    I agree that having more people eventually would be fun but the story is that you are the ONLY survivor.
    It would make more sense if, after a long time playing and exploring and building and when you've dealt with whatever shot you down, a second wave of colonists shows up expecting to see more than one person but amazed at all the work you've done.
  • RadavvadraRadavvadra South Africa Join Date: 2015-08-15 Member: 207189Members
    PajamaJams wrote: »
    The ruins don't make sense. Stalkers can't build homes.

Actually ancient ruins could make sense the fact that your character is on this planet makes it entirely possible that some other alien race once lived here but left for some reason.

• NevercallmebynameNevercallmebyname Join Date: 2015-08-15 Member: 207155Members
    The stalkers dont need cities they open portals. If a stalker wanted a house it would teleport to one.
  • BennyH2OBennyH2O England Join Date: 2015-08-19 Member: 207287Members
    Just the fact of being able to have stalkers follow you and attack what can kill you if they attack you
    I apear to have had my fish confused in my previous comment
  • scythex1000scythex1000 usa Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206878Members
    The stalkers dont need cities they open portals. If a stalker wanted a house it would teleport to one.

ruins would be from a long dead humanoid race. maybe tie that into a Cthulhu/Dagon like Deep One creature somehow
  • SanctusLupusSanctusLupus USA Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207600Members

I would like ancient ruins if they add an alien humanoid race to make sense like some form of alien merpeople.
    2. Deep Ones
    3. Playable scenarios similar to underwater/scifi movies such as Leviathan, The Abyss, Deep Blue Sea and others where you have to escape your sea base or repair it
    5. Offensive weapons. or at least allow modders to make offensive weapons for use against big beasts including deep ones from suggestion 2

anyone else agree?

The ancient runes and possible different tech found could make sense if they make some form of alien merpeople.

From their story there are no survivors. You are the only one. So that wouldn't make sense unless someone mod that or they changed the story to incorporate survivors.

I believe that an object according to their story, that the player should build a colony and landing platform as those of your kind are coming to that planet as well. So it would make sense.

I agree that offensive weapons are a must. I want an alien harpoon gun because the repulse gun is a joke esp. when against a reaper.

With the terra forming and islands I think this is already being presented if a person wants to have land bases eventually.
    Does anyone like the scenarios idea at all?

• SanctusLupusSanctusLupus USA Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207600Members
    Does anyone like the scenarios idea at all?

The scenarios are interesting but something like that might come about with these larger creatures that might eventually attack your base where you have to escape and repair it. Someone else could very well make a mod also to incorporate those scenarios. So we'll have to wait and see. But it would make it a bit more adventurous and challenging. Also if there is civilization from some form of merpeople on the planet. Chances are they might end up attacking you at the base. So we'll have to wait and see. :)
  • jjust19jjust19 Australia Join Date: 2015-08-28 Member: 207535Members
    2. Deep Ones

anyone else agree?

1. I'd love at least one area within the game that at least gave some hints in regards to a previous civilisation living on the plant before our survivor arrived.

2. I don't really know what you mean by "Deep Ones," but I assume you're referring to large, rare deepsea monsters. And if that's the case, I'd love that.

3. Meh.

4. Maybe. It brings into question the whole technicality of AI and such. Moreover, it just brings in a whole range of issues. Maybe a blueprint regarding some sort of android would be better? Then again, the new creative options could allow you to incorporate survivors and use them as part of custom story making?

5. I would personally love a way to kill creatures in the game (as sadistic as that sounds). I'm kind sick of having to have a long think about what I want to spawn near my base.

6. Maybe a group of tightly-packed islands of one big island would be nice. It would certainly open the door to more gameplay features.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    With every post I like the idea of an "Alien Atlantis" less and less.
    It has been played out so much to the point that it's boring.

If you absolutely have to, let them be primitive merpeople, living in creepvine huts or caves.
    An ancient underwater metropolis would be wildly out of place.
  • Astropig_gamerAstropig_gamer USA Join Date: 2015-08-31 Member: 207625Members
    1. Ancient ruins sounds good
    2. rare sea monsters yes
    3. scenarios i dont think its good idea
    4. Your the only survivor having more people kills the whole you are trapped on a unknown planet by yourself
    5. No weapons even the devs said they wont add that
    6. your on a water world no mainland the only islands are the one's the floaters bring up
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    6. your on a water world no mainland the only islands are the one's the floaters bring up

Welp. You would have been right a few updates ago.

z4vyo9f54ktk.jpg

The Mountains biome has a handsome little island that comes up out of the sea.
    jjust19 wrote: »
    2. Deep Ones

anyone else agree?

1. I'd love at least one area within the game that at least gave some hints in regards to a previous civilisation living on the plant before our survivor arrived.

2. I don't really know what you mean by "Deep Ones," but I assume you're referring to large, rare deepsea monsters. And if that's the case, I'd love that.

By deep ones I mean Dagon and Cthulu type creatures in the deep. Preferably in ancient ruins
  • CMonster0125CMonster0125 United States Join Date: 2015-09-09 Member: 207850Members
    Other survivors of the Aurora? No thanks. Lootable bodies? Yes, please! Maybe a way to introduce more story elements.
  • SojoSojo Florida, USA Join Date: 2015-09-20 Member: 208061Members
    If by scenarios you mean random events, I very much second that. Currently the game feels very static and predictable. Once you've seen something, it's over. Supposedly they are planning to eventually have creatures attack our bases so that could be such a random event.

I wouldn't be opposed if, as others have suggested, there used to be enough land to support a civilization and the Warpers are the mutated survivors and thus this world's merfolk, but I would prefer if they have "devolved" to become more bestial and, though they may still be sapient, they don't have a civilization.

And no, I don't want other survivors, lethal weapons, or more land personally.
  • FrraksurredFrraksurred USA Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202960Members

This idea I like, especially in conjunction with my ideas.

• Galacon2015Galacon2015 12047 Join Date: 2015-09-27 Member: 208175Members
    Ideas
    Seamoth : tractor beam module for scrap and random stuff
    seamoth : plasma cannon
    seamoth : builder module
    would love to see the first one if possable and keep out going
  • FrraksurredFrraksurred USA Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202960Members
    Sojo wrote: »
    And no, I don't want other survivors

I can understand that. Too keep the solitary feel of the game, perhaps just AI scavenged from the Aurora that could automate some of the more tedious tasks via drones. For example, a resource collecting drone similar to the Seamoth that could scan a limited area around its Moonpool-like module, collect resources and store them in the Moonpools storage until you pick them up?