Menu Option - Disable Sounds

Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
Hi there.
I wasn't sure if this even fits in here, because it seems like such an obvious thing to have for any game it's hardly a suggestion of my own.

The game desperately needs options to toggle and/or lower
- The computer voice
- Background music
- Ambiente sounds
- Base and tech related sounds

I always leave my base as soon as i start the analysis of a fragment. Things that also always drive me mad are: Reapers howling when inside the aurora, the sound of bending metal, gasopods in general, "30 seconds of oxygen left"-warnings and many other things i can't recall at the moment.

The reason these things annoy me the way they do is because they are to loud compared to some other sounds (nearby predators e.g.), which is why i don't wanna turn down the volume.
I also wish i could play this game entirely without music when i want to.

I can't be the only one. Let's hear your opinion.

Comments

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Hi

I agree with you. It would be nice to increase/decrease the music/sounds volume to a personal preference. Likewise I would also like to be able to turn off the music. Yes it gives ambience but having no music and just being able to head ambient sounds is much more eerie, which I think adds to the gameplay.
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    I like this idea. I would much rather hear the sounds of the ocean than the background music. It adds to the immersion and atmosphere.